Black and White Ocellaris/Snowflake Ocellaris pair

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
After cranking the temp up on their tanks, my Black and white ocellaris (female) and my snowflake ocellaris (male) are tending their first clutch of eggs....Wooohooo.

As a side note, my black and white ocellaris pair laid a batch and my Onyx/Picasso pair laid a batch.....on the same day for all of them.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
NIce! i am trying to get the pair i got to start laying also. is a bare bottom tank better in your opinion?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet!!!!! Excited to see the outcomes

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only thing better about bare bottom is that it's easier to clean hehe.
Raising the temp or increasing the light time has been my best spurs to spawn.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Gale, what are the best "years" for the clowns to start breeding? I mean, what's the youngest age that clowns will even think about laying eggs.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My pair are both about 2 years old and spawned for the first time last month

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
depends on the type of clown too.
Ocellaris can become female in a year or two.
Percs may take three or so?
My snowflake is probably around a year old.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gale I purchased one of your hybrids awhile back and I would like to get him a buddy is there any way you can put me down for one now? Onyx/picasso

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
awesome ...glad your getting back into the swing of things Gale, i know everyone is always asking about your clowns

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
thanks....I'm trying.....I really need a better breeding setup so I can clean the tanks better.
My grandson was throwing crap into my sump...toys, paper, anything he could grab.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, here's an update.
I was able to get three babies to live out of the first batch. I also have 10 more that are now past meta and it looks like a few of them may have extra markings. I also have about 25 that are almost to metamorphosis and there is a new batch of eggs that I will gather in a few days.
Here's a pic of the only fish of the first three to have abnormal markings.
[attachment=61954:name]

And here's a pic of the father with new eggs.
[attachment=61955:name]

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interested - What kind of money are we talking on average for any of the species? Great job! Its exciting to see a dedicated breeder here in CO