• Bearded Dragon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leopard Gecko

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been pondering getting a reptile lately. I've been really wanting a bearded dragon and leopard gecko. I know I can't have both, but I don't know which one I really want. I'm leaning towards the gecko because they don't get very big and I'm thinking of taking the pico down and converting it into a terrarium. What do you guys think. The pico stuff is going into the 29 gal, which isn't even up and running yet, but the build is starting soon.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you will be more pleased with the personality of a beardy. Plus leopard geckos need a certain amount of humidity here in Colorado to be able to shed properly. A beardy will be much more comfortable in the current dry conditions and will be a little less upkeep for that reason too.

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beardies are super mellow. I have two with a ton of babies on the way. I can take them out and let them roam around my place. They are big enough to find no matter where they wander.

If you can wait, the babies will be available. They have about two months before they would be ready. (a month before they hatch and about a month after hatching before they are big enough)

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not too much. It will be way cheaper than stores. The male is a cool citrus color and the female has nice cinnamon red on her. The babies should be much better than ones you normally see in pet stores.

Here is the female:

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have seen rangerbobb's, and they are super beautifull, I plan on getting 1 or 2, would need to be both females if I get 2.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Be careful with high humidity species in Colorado. It can be done, it just takes more work.

I use to breed a lot of different herps in Kansas growing up. Dart frogs, lead tailed geckos, jacksons chameleons, blue tongue skinks ( my choice over beardeds for there personalities), pythons, day geckos, etc. I had quite a zoo for awhile. ;)

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the beardie is out, a crested gecko still seems cool though. I've only seen the leopards sold in stores, and I'm not very impressed. If I could find the more colorful ones that would be cool. We just played with a crested and that one seems to be winning the battle. Not taking down the pico anymore, bought a sweet little terrarium. Ideally, I would like to put in a waterfall and some plants. Once I get really serious about this I'll start building.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didn't really feel like worrying about having my fingers bitten off in a few years, and the crested gecko sounds really easy to breed. What are other options in terms of geckos and chameleons? I'm looking to stay in the $70 and under club

I used to breed leopard geckos before we moved out here. I still regret selling them off :( The only thing I hated about having leopard geckos, crickets. I had to buy a box of 500-1000 crickets at a time and it's the smelliest, disgusting thing I had to deal with. No matter how clean I kept my cricket container they smelled so bad.

I'm really looking to get a bearded dragon just as a pet. My neighbor behind me adopted a large one and he's one cool mofo.

If you're looking for quality leopard geckos, I bought my pair from www.crestedgecko.com I would wait a bit until it warms up before letting them ship though.