honeymooning

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My old lady and I will be going on our honeymoon in December, and thus far I know we both want it to be somewhere tropical. I have done a tiny amount of leg work, but before I go too crazy I though you guys could share a little insight. I think that poipu, kauai is most likely where we will stay(Kauai is amazing) but I am open to any other suggestions you guys may have. Belize, Coasta Rica, we have even looked into the Island of Crete, just no Mexico (I don't want to get kidnapped) Thanks, Tony

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hear central Mexico is nice that time of year. I'll watch over your tank while yer gone. =)

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
word boogie, free frags for whoever does, nice ones. but mexico is out, too much drugs and violence. any carribean island anyone loves?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
only places i've been: 1. cacun ( i know i know ) - Loved it! had a blast. stayed on the main strip though. Will go again 2. Marco Island (by Florida) Very nice, its florida but nicer. Did touristy things. Probably just a one time trip but its in the states so no bs to worry about. 3. Alaska (probably not a great idea in December) - Absolute favorite trip I ever took (cruise) Will do it again. Cruise again in Dec of this year for me. 4. Deep sea fishing in Texas-great great time...for the guys... 5. St. Thomas - Sheet hole - avoid at all costs 6. St. Johns - Gorgeous, relaxing, wonderful (have gone twice) (avoid st. thomas at all costs).

Thats my only exp I can offer to this date. As mentioned, I did enjoy the cruise and am taking a carribean one in December. Good prices if you book now. =)

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
My wife and I did a Sandals on St. Lucia for our honeymoon. Didn't think I'd like the all inclusive but had a really good time. What sold me was unlimited diving was included in the package.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
You might want to skip the Caribbean, hurricane season will just be getting over and you might get a few stragglers. The gf went to Sheraton on Waikiki, she still hasn't stopped talking about it. She went snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, she loved the fish and corals. Have you thought about a cruise?

The only places I've been in Mexico is Guadalajara, way out in the boonies, and Tijuana, def a place you don't want to honeymoon in.

I've been to El Salvador, I really love that place. Def stay in a resort though.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cozumel is Mexico and it is great. No reason to worry going there. Jamaica is nice, but stay in the tourist areas. No matter where you go, go adult only all inclusive if you can! Nothing like children in the next room on your honeymoon.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't care much for maui, too many people. but I think the hawaiian island might just be the way to go. gonna look up fiji,and st. lucia. unlimited diving sound amazing. mexico and austrailia are out though.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 FOR THAILAND! wen't there a few years ago. The people there are really nice. I also reomend the compony South Siam Divers for diving. I aslo recomend the FERN eco-hotel. It's a small hotle out in the middle of the jungle surounded by rice padies. The airport into the closesed town is one termanal, so it's going to be away from large scale tourism. From there it's a 20 min drive out of the little town to the hotel. The small town is really nice as well, but there's a few tourists here and there.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I aslo recomend the smaller vergin islands out of the way of tourists, and the smaller islands in fiji.

We did Thailand in December and the weather was perfect. We spent some time in Bangkok and then went down to Phuket but stayed at the JW Marriot resort up north away from the tourists. They greet you with a cool lemony cloth to wipe your face and hands, a mojito and orchids.

For snorkeling we took a day trip out on a boat to the islands. Best snorkeling I've done beats Hawaii hands down. The water is warm and perfect. Rest of the time we relaxed by the pool and swam at their private beach.

Here's the Marriot's lobby.

My wife and I flew to Puerto Rico, stayed there for three days then took a 7 day carribean cruise from their. We had a great time and got some good dives in as well.

dworkman

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We went to Belize and loved every minute. Not the same typical tourist/resort scene, but as far as pure natural beauty, i'd say it's hard to beat. Great activities too, everything from Mayan ruins, rain forests, and whitewater rafting inland, to some of the best fishing and diving in this hemisphere right off the coast. I'd highly recommend it. Central America is very reasonable compared to Hawaii or the Carib as well.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
WrasseAttack;94681 said:
We did Thailand in December and the weather was perfect. We spent some time in Bangkok and then went down to Phuket but stayed at the JW Marriot resort up north away from the tourists. They greet you with a cool lemony cloth to wipe your face and hands, a mojito and orchids.

For snorkeling we took a day trip out on a boat to the islands. Best snorkeling I've done beats Hawaii hands down. The water is warm and perfect. Rest of the time we relaxed by the pool and swam at their private beach.

Here's the Marriot's lobby.

wow,looking up airfare now

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rangerbobb;94625 said:
Southeast Asia is pretty awesome around then. I highly recommend Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

I have been around the world and Thailand was by far the the best!! Stay away from Bangkok though, too polluted, air and people. Stick to areas like Phi Phi Don and surrounding areas. Besides the increadible diving, the landscape, wildlife, caves, food, people, culture, is amaizing and it just goes on! If you want details on my trip and the best places we went, shoot me a PM. You and your wife will never forget it!