ID critter

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'd like to post a pic but the little buggers are fast and hiding in a back corner. I have a number of tiny, about 1 cm or less, shrimp. At least they look like shrimp. I thought I had seen them in my fuge on the chaeto but they are really quick. If they are shrimp what could they be? I know they aren't pods as I have a couple different kinds of those.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'll bring the big camera tomorrow and see what I can do. I know the iPhone couldn't get a good pic too dark and too fast moving.

Vance

Angel Fish
I used to have live mysids breeding in my fuge, they kinda drift and swim above the rocks and such unlike ampipods that look like scuds and crawl on the rock. Sure you could find a picture on google. But as stated before picture speaks 1000 words ;)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Found a mysid shrimp video on YouTube and that's what they look like. I will still try to get some photos if the wrasses didn't find them first.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I tried two days in a row and they are too fast and the corner is too dark to get a decent pic. I am sure they are mysids after browsing some YouTube videos.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Anyone know how quickly they reproduce? Their numbers seem to be increasing daily.