In Memory Of Our Friend Rod Spradling

It is with much sadness that i share this news. Our friend, Rod Spradling, passed away last Tuesday, June 10 after an accident at his home. Rod was very involved in the reef keeping community. He was a vendor at the local swaps with his business partner, Wes Price. Rod also worked part time at Todd's Tropical Fish in Aurora and he and Wes ran an aquarium maintenance company. He was a very close friend of mine and I know that he will be missed by all. Funeral services will be held on Monday, June 16 at 11:00 at Horan and McConaty located on Parker Rd/Dartmouth. Rod has a beautiful 300g mixed reef which was the envy of everyone who saw it! In the coming days, Wes and I will be arranging the sale of this tank and all the contents. Out of sensitivity to Rod's family, please PM me with any questions, but feel free to post your thoughts and comments regarding our friend. We love you Rod!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Sorry to hear that man. I never knew Rod but it is never easy to lose a friend. Prayers and love to all his family and friends.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't believe that I have met rod either, but I offer my condolences to his friends and family. What was rods screen name on here (if he had one)?

I have spoken to Rod several times over the years about his system, his business and his passion for the hobby. he was a good listener, gentle, kind and had we had more time I am certain he would of become a good friend. I am disappointed with myself that I never once asked him about his family. I am very sad to hear that he has left us. Its a great reminder how fragile we are , how we can be here today and gone tomorrow. How we can take many days for ourselves , family , friends for granted. We all have an expiration date . I will be holding you up, friends and his family in prayer to Jesus ( The great Comforter , the Prince of peace)

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edward;314120 said:
I have spoken to Rod several times over the years about his system, his business and his passion for the hobby. he was a good listener, gentle, kind and had we had more time I am certain he would of become a good friend. I am disappointed with myself that I never once asked him about his family. I am very sad to hear that he has left us. Its a great reminder how fragile we are , how we can be here today and gone tomorrow. How we can take many days for ourselves , family , friends for granted. We all have an expiration date . I will be holding you up, friends and his family in prayer to Jesus ( The great Comforter , the Prince of peace)
Well said. :( My condolences to the family.

Rod and Wes helped me out when My tank was going down hill and they helped me get back Into the groove. I can not believe this. I will definently miss seeing his face at the reef shows and crackin jokes back and forth. RIP Rod.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My condolences Stewart..... Rod was always fun and engaging.... sad to hear of his untimely departure. Hoping his family and friends are coping as best they can.

-Rob