MASC on slack

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So i setup a chat server for MASC on slack. and anyone can join via this invite link
https://join.slack.com/t/marinecolo...Y0NzE4Nzg3MmQzNjk4ZDM5NGQ0ZDE0ZjM2YWY5ZDM1ZDk

Slack is a super awesome chat client that allows for chat across devices and platforms, along with a ton of integrations for all kinds of other tools, apps and add-ons. I use it for work and it has been fast becomeing the standard for just about any online communications. They have an app you can download for any device, and you can login via the https://marinecolorado.slack.com

I am thinking to attempt making an integration for the new site setup using slack, so I kind of want to gauge peoples interest in having a club chat, so please sign up if you would like to see this used more.

Let me know if you have any questions, or have any issues, and I look forward to seeing you all in the chat

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
no you will need to input an email address and pick a screen name. not tied to the boards yet, but I am looking for ways to do so

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
It certainly could be, at least that is why I am seeing if people would use it. I have been exploring options for adding a chatbox or other features to the new forums. Slack is pretty straight forward and easy to use, as well as, free for casual use, which is why I am looking at it first.
Another option is Discord, which has an available integration package the already works for xenforo, but you need a discord server and you need to buy the integration.

I will be enabling a facebook integration on the new boards as well, so that may open up some possibilities there too, but will have to see once I get it all set up.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Right On Angel thank you for setting this up and checking out our options for getting a chat function back to the forums