May/June meeting poll

What kind of meeting would you like to see for May/June?

• Total voters

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
What kind of meeting would you guys like to see next?

- We did a DBTC meeting last time, but that is always our most popular meeting so we certainly could do that again if people prefer that.

- Murmman's, AA and Keep'in it reef have all said they would host a Store meeting too, so we could do one of those if there is interest.

- Other options would be to meet downtown or somewhere and go to pub crawl to a number of the breweries around here.

- We could also do some tank tours to peoples house (we would pick like 3-5 tanks that are in close proximity to each other and then go to each persons house to check out their tanks).

- And last option would be a BBQ at someone's house. Would need someone to host that but we could do a potluck style bbq and have people bring different things.

Let me know what you favorite 2

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The weather is nice...I would like bbq/reef equipment yard sale.

Or one of our sponsors

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
The weather is nice...I would like bbq/reef equipment yard sale.

Or one of our sponsors

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
well vote it up then. You'll have to do it in a regular browser though, tapatalk doesnt like to show the poll

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I been thinking of doing a "coral open house" day of my tank. Its about time for me to break it down and move it. Id like to show it off a little before the frag fest starts, and i would be happy to sell some fresh frags and donate a good portion to the club. The tank is in loveland, so if any other loveland reefers want to show off their tanks maybe we could have a little "tour of tanks". Just an idea
TJ

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Mike and I could host a bbq easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I’d also be curious if we could pull off something like a show and tell. What’s the coolest/most fun/most nerdy change you’ve made to your system? How’s it working out?

Or how about a “biggest fail” and what I learned from it kind of thing. The home brew club we joined has done some stuff kinda like that, and it’s been super fun and very informative for me (as someone new to that hobby). The veterans seemed to enjoy it too. Mike and I can share about our quarantine fail.

Also think it would be cool to hear about how you bring your other hobbies into reefing. I know you do a bunch of 3D printing with your tank Angel. I’m curious what else people do (even if it doesn’t really relate to reefing).

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So looks like bbq or tank tours are the preferred choice - BBQ at someone's house is the easiest, and just have to pick who's going to host.

Although if we have enough people that want to show their tanks for the tank tours, we could do that instead. Would need at least 3 people who live close to the same area that want to show. Would be to hard to organize if they to spread out I think.

Possible hosts for BBQ so far
@JodiI, @mortimersnerd

Possible tanks for tanks tours
?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well since I don't see any volunteers for tank tours, its a Pot-luck BBQ for the winner.

@JodiI/@MuralReef or @mortimersnerd - You have each expressed interest in hosting. Ill let you duke it out for which one will host. If it helps, best dates are either June 3, 10th, or 17th

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Only date we could host is the 10th, and we’re going to red rocks for a show that night. So it would have to be a lunch time bbq. Would that work?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Only date we could host is the 10th, and we’re going to red rocks for a show that night. So it would have to be a lunch time bbq. Would that work?

Works for me

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ugh totally forgot to get a meeting post started for this. Have been super swamped and traveling for work lately and totally spaced it.