75 Gallon Obsession

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, it's pretty slow at work today so I thought I would share my reef with everybody. It's been running in this configuration for about 11 months, but the water has been flowing in one tank or another for a little over 2 years. Here are the specs!
-Tank: 75 gallon with built in overflow and ugly fake wood trim
-Refugium: Eshopps R-100 with no-name super old skimmer, 300w no-name heater I have had since 2010 on a controller, Rio return pump (I think its like 3500 LPH also still running strong since 2010) dish of miracle mud, chaeto, red ogo algae, a few rocks snails and hermit crabs.
-ATO is gravity fed to a float in the fuge.
-Powerheads: Tunze Stream 3, small Aquamedic DC pump
-Lights: 2xAI Hydra 26 HD with 3D Reefing diffusers, IM fuge light
-Livestock: Pintail Fairy Wrasse, Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, Royal Gramma, Firefish Goby, Pajama Cardinal, Yellow Watchman Goby, Skunk Shrimp, Fire Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(I think he's still in there somewhere...) standard CUC snails and hermit crabs.
-Corals: Acans, Favias, Fungia (Thats MISTER Fungia to you!) Lobo, Duncan, Acros, Montis, Digis, Chalice, Lepto, Euphallia, Zoas, Palys, Galaxia, RFA, Shrooms, Ricordia, Bowerbanki, Blasto, and a few unknowns

Maintenance is feeding fish at least 2 times a day alternating selcon soaked brine, mysis and pellets. Feed corals Benepets 1x weekly. Hand dose Alk and Cal daily, Kent trace elements once a week, Mag when required. Change filter floss at least 2x weekly. I change 10 gallons of water every month or 2 whether it needs it or not. I test my water weekly unless there is an issue, or I want to monitor a certain parameter closely. I dont run any reactors or crazy equipment. I try not to move too fast, and I have a pretty natural, minimal approach to reefing. I dont chase numbers. I'm a hobbyist, not a scientist! I strive for consistancy, but dont mind a little chaos! Now here's what you really came to see-Pictures! View attachment 15697 View attachment 15698 View attachment 15699 View attachment 15700

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great job for sure!! Love it don’t chase numbers, 100 ways to skin a cat find what works for you. Prolly could automate a few thing to allow tank to go auto pilot so to say! But hey if your happy that’s all that matter. And your reef looks great!!! LOVE the Mr fungia, I had a mother yrs ago that continued to produce baby’s when one broke off. Oh yaa did I say your reef looks GREAt!

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great job for sure!! Love it don’t chase numbers, 100 ways to skin a cat find what works for you. Prolly could automate a few thing to allow tank to go auto pilot so to say! But hey if your happy that’s all that matter. And your reef looks great!!! LOVE the Mr fungia, I had a mother yrs ago that continued to produce baby’s when one broke off. Oh yaa did I say your reef looks GREAt!
Thank you! I think my next gadget will be a doser for 2 part-One less thing for me to forget to do!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks great. Love the big lobo!

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks awesome! Thanks for posting this thread. I love to see what others in club are doing. You have a nice approach and your tank looks great as a result.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Beautiful reef... What lids are you using? very little diffusion in the pics