Where to get rare plumbing parts...

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys...
Was hoping to pick your brains for a sec...
I am in the midst of plumbing and having trouble getting all the fittings I want.
Does anyone have a place, online or local, that carries a crazy selection of reefer-friendly fittings?
Things like "Street" T fittings (to conserve size) that go from 1"x1"sxs and 1/2" fpt?
Home depot and the local plumbing stores up here don't have much...
Thanks!
Dave

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where you at? Most big box stores should have those.

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
In Fort Collins...
Been hitting HD and RnR...but these guys don't carry lesser-used fittings (Like a street "T" that has goes 1" SxS with a 1/2" fpt) To be frank I don't even know if Anyone makes that particular combo. But also things like the higher quality ball valves like CEPEX etc...
I love the plumbing part of this, but it always seems like I am trying to put 10lbs of stuff in a 5 gallon bucket. So any weird fittings that allow me to save space are welcome.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes I don't think they do make such a "T" with a 1/2" fpt. Could you just use a bushing that converts from 1" to 1/2". This bushing will only extend out of the original T by about 1/2" at the most. Does this help?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you go to Lowes and Home Depot, you need to check out the plumbing section as well as the sprinkler section. There are reducing tees in the sprinkler sections. I know that you can get a T with a 1/2" FPT port that you can put whatever size output you want into.

BRS and Marine Depot have a good selection of plumbing.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can also modify elbows and tees by cutting 1/2" off the ends to reduce space. Just be sure to glue well...

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Try grainger or ferguson. Or BRS if you can't find what you are looking for through the big box stores.

If you look at spears manufacturing and their product catalogue online for either sch 40 or sch 80 PVC you should be able to get a good idea of parts available.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
It seems that each Lowes and HD stock slightly different parts when it comes to PVC. I managed to find most of what I needed at my local stores, but I found other things I had worked around when I dropped into another HD across town for something else.

They all have the very basics, but one might have a better selection of street fittings while another has a T with two 1.5 inch ends and one 3/4 inch. What they all seem to run out of is hose in cut-to-length bins. Took me four stores to find 1 inch clear and 1 1/2 spa flex tubing in lengths I wanted.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have found that "The Big Tool Box" has a ton of rare PVC parts in their sprinkler section. If you are not on the South side of town, try Ace Hardware.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;276218 said:
You can also modify elbows and tees by cutting 1/2" off the ends to reduce space. Just be sure to glue well...
That's just asking for trouble

amonchak;276343 said:
Try grainger or ferguson. Or BRS if you can't find what you are looking for through the big box stores.

If you look at spears manufacturing and their product catalogue online for either sch 40 or sch 80 PVC you should be able to get a good idea of parts available.
+1

Do you want a 1x1x 1/2 fitting or a 1x 1/2 x1 ?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the input guys!
I have not seen Hughes supply in FC...have to check that out. :)
Went surfing on the Grainger site. They have a few cool things that I could use. Do you guys usually go to their showroom or order online. In the times I have been to Grainger in FC, they have this little tiny area up front and the rest of the place seems closed off...not a great browsing environment.
I actually got around the Ts problem by using some loc-line to get the flow to the places I wanted. So far so good, but need more.... :)