120 watt LED fixtures

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wanted everyone to see these. After searching(and searching) for a good price on LED's I found these:

http://www.hootoo.com/aquarium-coral-reef-tank-white-blue-led-grow-light-120w-p-115369.html

The only thing is they only come with 30white:25blue ratio. I am not sure when/if the sale on them ends so I ordered mine this weekend. I wasn't sure if a group buy would have been worth it. Since everyone wanted the ratio changed, but if anyone wants these they are $138/each(as low as $125/each for more than ten). $7.99 flat rate shipping for two, but I would guess it would be the same for more. Now I just need to figure out how to hang them.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a killer deal on the lights... Dang you, why didn't you find this when I was looking? haha

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
be careful there is a mistake made on this site they state 3 watt leds then later on down state 2 watt leds

1) Use high efficient 2w LED as the light source, Based on55x 2W high power LEDs.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The units are like mine, they are three watt leds but only pushed to two watts. It lengthens the life of the LED...

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
3w LEDs are driven at a lower wattage to reduce heat and lengthen life(or so I have been told). I will check the draw with a kill-a-watt when they arrive, as well as PAR when I get the meter from DARC. They also list 63watts draw for 25 blue and 66 watts draw for 30 watts, so the blues seem to be driven harder. Maybe KhensuRa has a pic he could post of his, or I will post one after I get them over the tank. They should be here Friday from the tracking information I received.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;106523 said:
Looks like a good deal. I just called them to get the dimensions and they don't have them.

I am thinking about buying this for my new biocube 29:

http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-189/Biocube-29-Dimmable-Retrofit/Detail

It includes 20 3watt CREE's, and is dimmable. I just don't know if the spread will be good enough for my tank.
asneiman;104225 said:
I really want to keep it as a desktop aquarium, and a 29 is kinda big for that.

I did think about the 29 yesterday (before I ordered the 14 yesterday). For me to do the 29, I would need a stand, because the 29 will weigh too much, and that kinda defeats the purpose.
that was quick :p

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;106525 said:
that was quick :p
LOL!!! The 14 is still in the box, I decided to get the 29. The price was too good to pass up. Now I need to spend another $225 or so on LEDs.

Hmm.... Thinking about it. (And not meant to hi-jack the thread). Don't you want to buy my 8 gal biocube? It still has the LED's in it. I was going to move them to the 29, but think I'll buy the kit from rapid instead. But with that said, I can buy the kit, and also use these. :->

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a sick reto kit for the BC. Wish they had that when I got my lights.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;106538 said:
That is a sick reto kit for the BC. Wish they had that when I got my lights.
Again, sorry to hi-jack the thread. But I have to ask. What do you have in your BC29? Will 20 3watt CREE's be enough? Especially if they are on a 6x9" heat sink.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;106539 said:
Can you get a better picture so I can see what you used to hang them.
its a piece of aluminum conduit that was bent and the light is attached to it with a couple bolts and a couple cut-up pic pens sprayed painted for stand offs ...lol
looks pretty good imo but you do have to take the light apart and drill the lid

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;106530 said:
Don't you want to buy my 8 gal biocube? It still has the LED's in it. I was going to move them to the 29, but think I'll buy the kit from rapid instead. But with that said, I can buy the kit, and also use these. :->
nooo not after my second 400 dollar excel bill >.> I am on ramen noodles for a week screw anything new for a while lol

asneiman;106543 said:
Again, sorry to hi-jack the thread. But I have to ask. What do you have in your BC29? Will 20 3watt CREE's be enough? Especially if they are on a 6x9" heat sink.
He has a 120w LED fixture that uses 3w LEDs but caps them at 2 watts. It's like 58 nodes I believe