120 watt LED fixtures

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;106644 said:
nooo not after my second 400 dollar excel bill >.> I am on ramen noodles for a week screw anything new for a while lol

Not for home, for work. If you put it at work, you don't have to worry about paying the electricity.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The website said these would ship out of CA, but they didn't have them in stock, so they shipped out of China. They shipped out Monday and are scheduled for Friday delivery. They scanned in at Anchorage AK this morning so they may actually make it in time for weekend installation.

Denvercherub;106644 said:
nooo not after my second 400 dollar excel bill >.> I am on ramen noodles for a week screw anything new for a while lol
My excel bill was $100 more than any other month this year. And I have been taking things down. They also did a 32 day billing cycle for this month, F#$%ers! This whole extra tier payment in the middle of the summer is BS! I guess record profits quarterly just weren't enough for excel. Aren't they supposed to be regulated by the state? Guess we know who is lobbying our state reps!

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow thats pretty good coming from China.

I havent had any updates on mine yet

spstimie;106840 said:
The website said these would ship out of CA, but they didn't have them in stock, so they shipped out of China. They shipped out Monday and are scheduled for Friday delivery. They scanned in at Anchorage AK this morning so they may actually make it in time for weekend installation.

My excel bill was $100 more than any other month this year. And I have been taking things down. They also did a 32 day billing cycle for this month, F#$%ers! This whole extra tier payment in the middle of the summer is BS! I guess record profits quarterly just weren't enough for excel. Aren't they supposed to be regulated by the state? Guess we know who is lobbying our state reps!
Yea its a good thing I was sitting down when I saw my bill, and of course we have been having hot weather that the AC cant keep up with.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have they sent you any tracking information? You would think yours shipped out Monday with mine.

projectx;106858 said:
Wow thats pretty good coming from China.
I havent had any updates on mine yet

Yea its a good thing I was sitting down when I saw my bill, and of course we have been having hot weather that the AC cant keep up with.
Yeah last month wasn't bad, but with the AC running non stop this month, it was a big difference. Glad I shut down the frag system half way through. We also have the freezer in the garage running also.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
When I got mine from China it got to me the next morning after it hit Alaska and I think it was the same for Wrick as well. So you might get it tomorrow... Sweet!!!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;106840 said:
That whole tier thing is such a scam. I wont to organize a lynching for the first time in my life...

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just logged into the site and there is a tracking number called "delivery"
Mines on the same order as yours, says delivery Friday the 5th

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
They sent me a FedEx tracking number to my email. Check your spam folder maybe. As of 3pm AK time it was "available for clearance". I am guessing it is waiting on customs, but is still listed as "in transit". I am not getting my hopes up yet about tomorrow, unless I get up and it says "on truck for delivery". I just want it Friday so I can get them installed this weekend. When I switched from my 2x250 2x54 fixture to the current 8x54 fixture I saved $25-30/month from excel. I am hoping this will have similar results.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, nothing in my junk, as long as I found it I am good with it, was getting worried that the order got fouled up.

Don, yea either that or an attic fan lol

dworkman

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can I come down and see what these look like on one of your tanks? Also have a PAR meter we could use and see what they are putting out. Let me know when you get them...I am waiting to pull the trigger.

dworkman

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know it's probably the exact same, but I'd like to see the color of the same ones I'd be ordering.

You can borrow the sensor though after I figure all this out, I ended up getting the apogee sensor and am using it with a multimeter, so far it's told me I need to replace my MHs or make the switch to LEDs.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
dworkman;107053 said:
... I ended up getting the apogee sensor and am using it with a multimeter, so far it's told me I need to replace my MHs or make the switch to LEDs.
you'll need to give us te details on this

dworkman

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Read somewhere that the Apogee sensor (the same as what is used with their PAR meter) can be ordered by itself, and used with a multimeter, you just multiply the mV reading by 5 to get PAR. The sensor is about 1/3 of the price of the full blown meter. I bought the SQ-110 sensor direct from Apogee.

Apogee themselves will back this up because they want people with more sophisticated dataloggers and computers to buy them.

So far, setup was simple and the multimeter is giving me reasonable readings.

I'd be happy to pass this around once I figure out what to do with my lights.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dworkman;107047 said:
Can I come down and see what these look like on one of your tanks? Also have a PAR meter we could use and see what they are putting out. Let me know when you get them...I am waiting to pull the trigger.
Sure, mine will be up saturday night if I get them friday. They are released from customs in AK so I hope they get on a plane soon

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
dworkman;107069 said:
Read somewhere that the Apogee sensor (the same as what is used with their PAR meter) can be ordered by itself, and used with a multimeter, you just multiply the mV reading by 5 to get PAR. The sensor is about 1/3 of the price of the full blown meter. I bought the SQ-110 sensor direct from Apogee.

Apogee themselves will back this up because they want people with more sophisticated dataloggers and computers to buy them.

So far, setup was simple and the multimeter is giving me reasonable readings.

I'd be happy to pass this around once I figure out what to do with my lights.
cool i always heard this worked but the multiplier was never a solid answer

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone know if FedEx delivers on Saturday? Lights got to Oakland CA last night, departed the Oakland facility then were checked in three hours later still in Oakland and are still there. So looks like I wont be getting these today.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;107165 said:
Does anyone know if FedEx delivers on Saturday? Lights got to Oakland CA last night, departed the Oakland facility then were checked in three hours later still in Oakland and are still there. So looks like I wont be getting these today.
i think they do but i think its extra and may be to late to even pay for it but you could call and try