120w LED chines fixture GB

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah pic's Chris!!!

And again thank you for dealing with this. I owe you a beer.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
wirick181;90771 said:
i am eating the cost of these for now and trying to sell them off any one want one with one cord shoot me a pm
I haven't been following this whole thread lol, how much are you wanting for the one corded ones. Also, what is the _major_ difference between the one cord and the two cord, just that you can't separately control the lights??

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;90795 said:
I haven't been following this whole thread lol, how much are you wanting for the one corded ones. Also, what is the _major_ difference between the one cord and the two cord, just that you can't separately control the lights??
Yes the one cord will not allow the lights to come on at different times, but the unit does have separate switches to control the lights.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Here's a shot of mine, I got some t slot aluminum and bolted it to the wall. The lights hang on yo-yo's so they can be adjusted up and down easily.

click on small pics for a bigger version

Last edited by a moderator:

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you seeing good SPS growth from multiple levels in your tank or mostly on the top?

wirick181

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have 3 units over my tank

the two outer units and hung like this

the center unit is hung like this

than i have one unit that has double cord and i made that my center unit and i likt the effect of the blue that it covers
[attachment=59709:name]

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That looks sick!!!! Great work the brackets, sure alot of people will follow your lead with those.

Yes we need pics with all three lights on...

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
ya the one on in the mid does look cool.

need to figure out what im going to do for lunars too

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;90846 said:
Are you seeing good SPS growth from multiple levels in your tank or mostly on the top?
No idea, just got a bunch of SPS recently. The garf bonsai is growing like mad, so is the tubbs bn. All but one has great polyp extension. My raspberry or strawberry lemonade, can't remember which one, is looking super yellow. I'll try and post some pics on my build thread.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
thanks again wirick181... it looks great over my tank. I tried taking some pics but they're way too bright lol I will mess with camera setting later but right now I'm seeing spots.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
120w LED chines fixture GB

Well these were bright enough to bring on a headache lol. I get them anyway but 4 advil later...

Turns out my 5megapixel droid takes better pics than my 300 dollar point and shoot. At least for bright stuff. The blue really makes the coral pop. I'm happy thanks again.

[attachment=59715:name]

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;91179 said:
Well these were bright enough to bring on a headache lol. I get them anyway but 4 advil later...

Turns out my 5megapixel droid takes better pics than my 300 dollar point and shoot. At least for bright stuff. The blue really makes the coral pop. I'm happy thanks again.

View attachment 2096 View attachment 2095
You might get some bleaching, these are higher PAR than your previous lights no doubt. To counter this, put more eggcrate blocking the light, shorter photo period, move the frags down, or move the lights up. Just a heads up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;91187 said:
You might get some bleaching, these are higher PAR than your previous lights no doubt. To counter this, put more eggcrate blocking the light, shorter photo period, move the frags down, or move the lights up. Just a heads up

Cool thanks bud, you always have great advice. i did put the lights on the highest slot I had available. i will be shortening the wire tonight. I had to run to work for a few but planned on that. Do they all bleach or just SPS?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;91190 said:
Cool thanks bud, you always have great advice. i did put the lights on the highest slot I had available. i will be shortening the wire tonight. I had to run to work for a few but planned on that. Do they all bleach or just SPS?
Just my SPS did, but all my others are Z's and LPS on the sandbed