28 Gallon JBJ LED Build

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
fed ex is nicer to the packages because alot of their sorting is done with machines and is handled by people less

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
New Rock wall

well while waiting for my replacement tank from JBJ i decided to build a rock wall for the soon to be tank.

The Frame

Cut down Frame for returns and overflow.

Starting rock

i used a hammer and a towel to crush the rock and collect the rubble.

The layout

next i used pond foam to hold the rock in place and as a filler when i applied the foam i also used Dowells Sea Flor mix from Elite Reef to blend the black foam and give a more natural look.
i used pvc in the return holes to make sure i did not cover them.

i let dry for 24 hours then used loctite 2 part epoxy it was applied with a cheap paint brush then i sprinkled fine grade sand on the epoxy and let dry overnight

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
How much loctite did you use? I got mod podge, bad idea I know, so now I have to reseal the foam. Can I just apply it over the current setup, or should I start over? Hopefully, I didn't just steal your thread

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
your good it took about 1\4 of the bottles per coat. i would mix a little then brush it on then apply sand wait 5 minutes turn the wall upside-down and shake it to remove loose sand i did 2 coats. im not sure if you should reseal or restart i did one rock wall before but when i drilled the tank it cracked and it was an odd shaped cube so the wall just sat for 6 months and i ended up trashing it guess i should have saved it.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
still available what are the dimensions of the hood?

wirick181

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;74412 said:
How much loctite did you use? I got mod podge, bad idea I know, so now I have to reseal the foam. Can I just apply it over the current setup, or should I start over? Hopefully, I didn't just steal your thread

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
You should of just ordered the zpoxy like I said lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wirick181;74582 said:
Yousikhs of just ordered the zpoxy like I said lol
lol... i think i had to read that atleast 5 times before i understood what you were trying to say

wirick181

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;74586 said:
lol... i think i had to read that atleast 5 times before i understood what you were trying to say
LOL sorry I trying to work with it on my phone I not used it the fancy keyboard

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wirick181;74589 said:
LOL sorry I trying to work with it on my phone I not used it the fancy keyboard
i dunno i'm starting to think we all need to chip in and send you to an ESL class ...lol