280g build....the longest build ever

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
This could end up being a very long build but wanted to post pics as I go....lets start with the lifereef skimmer I just picked up.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy cow. That's like a 6' skimmer. Did you buy that from the aquarium or something? LOL

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, its the 6 footer. Rated up to 700g. I will have a total water volume of about 450g. Will be driving it with my return pump, a reeflo barracuda gold.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
And here is my stand in its final home. I painted it with por15 to keep it from rusting. Costs about $50 total compared to other options. Once I got it downstairs I shimmed it out to make it level and then just filled in the voids with cement. Not completely done yet but you get the idea.

Booyah! As level as it can get.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice. That thing will hold your car.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Was going to put a beer can next to the tank so you could get an idea on the size but I figure my tank cleaning puffers would give you an idea.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I felt like doing something a little different today and cleaned sand for a couple hours and then started some aquascape. Gonna need some more rock for sure, lol.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's extreme minimalism right there. Lol. Can't wait to see what the full scape looks like.

Drew

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So after tinkering with my first island of aquascape for another 2 hours and it is absolutely perfect and I love it and I locked it into place I realized I had an added bonus......I call it dog rock......

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So here are a few updated pics of the aquascape. Have one more island to do on the left still. Pretty happy with what I have done so far though.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks nice.

Drew