280g build....the longest build ever

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;189194 said:
man that scaping is awsome!! Gonna have to copy it on my new build :)
Thanks guys. I actually impressed myself with the aquascape. Can't figure out how to get the full 3'd effect of the aquascape with pics as it looks even better in person.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
280g-reefman;184544 said:
I thought purple tangs were supposed to be aggresive...these two are like bff. I have a scopus, lavendar, yellow, purple and powder blue and they all get along.
Sweet! Do the purple & yellow pal around the tank together?

Craigar;184128 said:
Do u have any plywood under the sump or just 4x4's if just 4x4s I would suggest getting a piece of ply wood so there's not any pressure points on it.
Looks like a sheet of ply underneath.

280g-reefman;183075 said:
So here are a few updated pics of the aquascape. Have one more island to do on the left still. Pretty happy with what I have done so far though.
Love it, great ideas. Can't wait to see how this big tank progresses. What type of putty did you use?

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tangs all kind of just hang out together, it is pretty cool. It is 4x4 under the sump, 1/2" plywood and then foamy pad stuff.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't wait til I start finishing my basement!! I think my fish room is going to look a lot like yours!!

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;189254 said:
I can't wait til I start finishing my basement!! I think my fish room is going to look a lot like yours!!
I will get a shot of it all together once i get it cleaned up down there.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep just 3 of the evo 20k. I figure one light per every 2 feet. It's a 7 foot tank and I won't be putting corals that need high light on the ends so it will work out perfect. If I do need more I can always add reefbrites or something.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let the filling of the tank begin! Only about 250 gallons to go. And yes that is a reflection of the broncos game on my tank. Go Broncos.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
HAAHAAA! 24 hours later after running my rodi that whole time.............it's alive!!!!!! Be sure to have the Weird Science song playing in the background, makes it much more exciting. And to top it off no leaks!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i built the frame for my canopy today and got it all nice and square n all. Just taped the cabinets in for now so ya'll could see what it will look like. Still have to add the trim.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Buds warehouse in denver, got em for $9 a piece. Went with alder wood. Canopy is also hanging from the ceiling. That place is great for anything you feel like building on your own. They also have sheets of glass for $1 ea. you have to cut em yourself but for a buck its a crappy cheeseburger from mcdonalds or a glass top.