Balz3352's 'Convinced Her' Basement Sump/Fish Room

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;655989 said:
Patience is good but hard to maintain in this hobby. Looks really nice man. Glad you didn't give up
Amen to this. Haha extremely hard to maintain but I also think it's kinda cool and interesting watching frags grow over time.

Im glad I didn't give up either. Came darn close but learned a lot!

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;667105 said:
The cabinet work turned out really nice! Very clean looking and should be easy to access everything.

Are the upper panels on hinges or magnets?
They're essentially l brackets with velcro on them. I made the top out of aluminum so magnets wouldn't work. I tried to do just l brackets but the doors would just slide off so I threw the velcro on and it's the perfect amount of resistance to safely hild everything on.

Top view shows front doors on. I bonded the 2 right doors together and 2 left. Makes it easier to make level and 2 doors it just about perfect to work if I need to work on the area. Happy with hie this worked out.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looks good. I love those stock tanks.

I might have missed it, but I'm assuming the frag tank is tied into the main system? The float switches are a good investment. The ones I've used in the past don't do great under water after a while but they work great as long as they stay mostly dry. Saved me a couple of times from human error.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;667698 said:
Looks good. I love those stock tanks.

I might have missed it, but I'm assuming the frag tank is tied into the main system? The float switches are a good investment. The ones I've used in the past don't do great under water after a while but they work great as long as they stay mostly dry. Saved me a couple of times from human error.
Exactly why I have 2 at different floats! Primary and backup.

Oh sorry yes it is tied to main system. I have a manifold on my system run by separate pump but all tied together. Manifold runs frag tank, carbon/gfo reactors, uv and the ats.

You can kinda see what's going on in this pic.