1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Balz3352's 'Convinced Her' Basement Sump/Fish Room

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Balz3352, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Things looking good. Have made changes recently need to update but my wife just delivered our baby yesterday soo probably won't bee for a few days. Been a little bit hectic lately.

SkyShark likes this.
  2. halmus

halmus Prawn

Congrats on the new addition!

Balz3352 likes this.
  3. MuralReef

MuralReef Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Congrats on the kiddo!

4. Balz3352

Well update fts

Tried to get a bunch done before my baby came but she decided to ckme about 3 weeks early. Been really busy. But I have made some progress.
    I could not keep my alkalinity up with just my kalkwasser reactor so I added a calcium reactor run via the masterflex system.
    Corals could not look happier. Here is some pics of stuff i have added and are encrusting well.
    I also added 5 tangs i quarantined for a long time I got from AA.

Next step more fish and lots more frags and let it grow. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rigo07 likes this.
  5. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice, really coming along. I'm planning on using masterflex for my tank at some point too. Where you get yours?

6. Balz3352

Ebay! Couldn't be happier with the masterflex setup! I couldn't keep my alk above 7 without supplement on top of my kalk. Stsrted masterflex. Alk is zeo issue very stable.

7. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Gotcha, ya I looked some on ebay, havent committed to buying any yet, was hoping that you would have some 'in' with the hospital ;)
    Ya I am also planning to use only masterflex pumps on anything that is critical to the stability of the tank, like alk and calc :) Still debating on going the dutch route, for a zero water change system, and that will require like 3-5 masterflex pumps for dosing

8. MuralReef

MuralReef Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Calcium reactor looks great good job!

9. Balz3352

I have a couple I bought but ended up with a brushless unit. Others are loud. But if you could put up with the noise brushed units are not bad. Ive thought about doing auto waterchange but I just do minimal changes anyway so decided otherwise.

10. Balz3352

Thanks! Took a while to get it going and some work but looks great.

11. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

If you do decide to do auto WC you're better off with a DOS anyway unless you don't have an apex.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

12. Balz3352

Pic dump 7/30/17
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. halmus

halmus Prawn

Everything looks like it's taking ahold really well! I have similar goals with my fish collection.

14. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice to see the updated pictures! Can we get a tour of the fish room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

very nice, looks good :)

16. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Looking good! The fish look fantastic. Love that powder blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Balz3352 likes this.
  17. Balz3352

As requested here is the basement fish room

Highlights
    100 gallon sump with reeflo hammerhead return
    Mangroves for macro (cheato died a bit ago)
    Lifereef skimmer
    50 gallon stock frag tank
    Calcium reactor dual chamber run with a masterflex
    Qt side with 40b up and running with some chromis and a cleaner wrasse inside.
    2 55g drums for salt and fresh.
    Sink (best addition to the fish room) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Balz3352

Its a cool group to watch for sure. Cant really tell by those pics but have a blonde naso in there also.

19. Balz3352

Just posed some up!

20. Balz3352

Thanks!