Can I go 1 freakn week without a issue?!?!?!?!

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i lost a $200 6 eye tyree red watermelon chalice unexpectedly i came home from work and it was nothing but skeleton everything else is fine only that one coral WTH

Dane

Angel Fish
12+ heads of magicians expelling their guts and rotting
15+ heads of branching frog spawn said hello to my green nuclear palys and watching 5 heads float away

And day before last woke up to a bangii cardnal head in my fish trap thanks Mr. Pinfish

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;108158 said:
i lost a $200 6 eye tyree red watermelon chalice unexpectedly i came home from work and it was nothing but skeleton everything else is fine only that one coral WTH
just lost a big holly stunner the same way. Everything else is fine. no contact with other corals. Pure white skeleton. Happened over a 2 day timespan. No idea....

but no one has yet to top off the burning pop corn smell...seems like it lingers for days... =)

Boogie;108121 said:
somebody burned popcorn in the office upstairs...whole place stinks... =)
I just did a literal "LOL" at work to this comment. Not very professional but that was funny!

DJ - sorry to hear about the issues! keep your head up and dont lose hope in the hobby, it is very easy to at times like this!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crackerspack;108165 said:
I just did a literal "LOL" at work to this comment. Not very professional but that was funny!

DJ - sorry to hear about the issues! keep your head up and dont lose hope in the hobby, it is very easy to at times like this!
For sure. Been at this a while so its to be expected. Sometimes you just gotta vent though!

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
DJ - Sorry to hear of your troubles - I wonder if your two angels really were not a mated pair, and they fought with each other??

J&A - Hmm.... I was looking for a place to buy some of those stars. Maybe I should change my mind. On the plus side, you could probably sell them and make a ton of $$$. They go for close to $5 each online, which I personally think is crazy.

Ok, now for my recent troubles. I recently upgraded from my BC8 --> BC29. When I did this, I didn't have enough Aquamend (despite ordering it 3 weeks earlier), so I just laid things in the new tank waiting for the aquamend to show up. I also put the pistol shrimp that I got for free a month earlier into the BC29. I ha been keeping him in a smaller tank, then in the bucket with the live rock. Well, over night, this little shrimp took all of the sand in my BC29 (about 2" deep) and pushed it up ontop of the rock from my BC8. I had placed my main rock in one corner to protect it until the aquamend showed up. I ended up loosing my

- electric alien eyes
- bam-bams
- orangutans
- purple deaths
- wicked watermellon zoas that I have never seen in the past, and have never seen again (I don't know what they are called)

I am sure there are others, these are the only ones I remember having.

I also lost a cleaner shrimp, but I think it was my fault. I think the water he was in while I rebuilt everything got too cold.

As for the pistol shrimp. My wife asked if I was going to flush him, and I told her no. I ended up setting up a 5 gal nano for my son. He is in there with 2 damsels, some live rock, one shroom and NO sand.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;108177 said:
DJ - Sorry to hear of your troubles - I wonder if your two angels really were not a mated pair, and they fought with each other??
Guess I should have been more clear. they were actually not purchased as a pair but separate (even though they were purchased at the same time). One is much larger than the other. Will and I thought for sure one would pick the other one off in no time in QT but they have been getting along great actually. Thats what makes this so disheartening, they dont fight!! Also, the one who has been getting hurt is the bigger one, the smaller one has been unscathed the whole time... Granted no one is at the shop to watch them 24/7 but no aggression has been observed between the 2.

asneiman;108177 said:
J&A - Hmm.... I was looking for a place to buy some of those stars. Maybe I should change my mind. On the plus side, you could probably sell them and make a ton of $$$. They go for close to $5 each online, which I personally think is crazy.
That would've been a good idea. i actually doubled up on my flatworm exit (oh yea - did i mention i went through loss due to flat worms too? - LMBO, IT'S BEEN A FUN RIDE) which causes brittle stars to become paralyzed and fall out of/off of rocks. On that day alone I pulled out about 1000 total in clumps that ended up filling up a mason jar. I coulda been rich off those at today's ridiculous prices. I have no idea why they cost so much when they reproduce like crazy.

as long as we are venting about our losses in this great hobby:
cleaner shrimp killed my rose bta in the last tank... yup - apparently cleaner shrimp can develop a taste for raw shrimp and their just smart enough to wait until something has accumulated and softened it for them before they go in, rip it out of the stomach, and clean the stomach lining for desert. that was an expensive lesson learned. I now watch when feeding anything. (my wrasses, firefish, and hippos tang have also tried this in the past)

120greefman

Bought a used piece o **** car. That makes me real happy. Second time in the shop in a week today. Something about the engine light on and a smoke screen coming from my hood isn't comforting.

If you want a fish related issues read my frag tank thread.

my situation just got one plumbing piece less broken down. lol - ty much alex. you rock!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kind of car and what code are they telling you?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
J&A Timberlake;108190 said:
my situation just got one plumbing piece less broken down. lol - ty much alex. you rock!
Thats Great!

120greefman

Boogie;108194 said:
What kind of car and what code are they telling you?

Will let you know, still at work. I knew I should of made the trip to boulder for a car. I bought a chevy malibu.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Sorry to hear about your fish, those of us that "enjoy" this challenging hobby know how bad it feels when you lose a fish or coral. I bought a blue spot jaw for my birthday, fell in love with him and then he died.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where do I start lol!! Start with a good note!

I got a new job! BUT because of the new job I had to break down the big tub because I needed the space for my "office." I did get a new tank, but that's where the troubles begin lol. Skimmer didn't fit in the stand so I had to sell it and buy a new one, I loved that thing. The new skimmer almost didn't fit, we had to add a brace somewhere else and remove the brace that was blocking the new skimmer. Now it's acting up for the new owner so I've got to figure out that situation lol. The lights didn't fit in the canopy and there was no way to fix that situation so I had to buy new lights and I'm trying to sell the older ones lol. One of the good things about this though is that I do have plenty of room (if I have anymore money) to add a few reebrite strips later on down the line. During the transfer I lost ALL of my hammers/frogspawn, all my monti's, and I'm sure a few other things lol.

That's my bitching moment for the week lol.