Can I go 1 freakn week without a issue?!?!?!?!

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last week I transferred all the water and my sump from my 58 to a 60 gallon frag tank. All if my montis were nuked in 6 hours. Including 2 frags of starburst montis that were growing out nicely. Also lost rainbow, sunset, purple haze, and some red cap. Last Saturday was fun! :)

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought a bartlett anthia last night and it died in the QT... I have no luck with fish at all. I did everything right it was just breathing hard the whole time. Today it's belly up mouth wide open. I am afraid to buy fish since it seems only half of them survive.

brent ward;108257 said:
Last week I transferred all the water and my sump from my 58 to a 60 gallon frag tank. All if my montis were nuked in 6 hours. Including 2 frags of starburst montis that were growing out nicely. Also lost rainbow, sunset, purple haze, and some red cap. Last Saturday was fun! :)
I'm sorry to hear. What went wrong?

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
No Idea, I had a couple of other sps fine and now my zoas are starting to open up. I took the heater out as a precaution, but I don't really think it was causing anything.

odd. if i had some nice quality replacements id help ya out. glad everything else is doing ok

So when I first got the big tank, I tested every last thing before putting a tester fish. The fsh seemed fine so i slowly put everything else in, and over two days I lost a 7 inch fox face, a 4 inch red stripe angel, a 4 inch barred dartfish, a 3 inch coral beauty, a smal perc clown and some chromis.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Royal Gramma keeper;108467 said:
So when I first got the big tank, I tested every last thing before putting a tester fish. The fsh seemed fine so i slowly put everything else in, and over two days I lost a 7 inch fox face, a 4 inch red stripe angel, a 4 inch barred dartfish, a 3 inch coral beauty, a smal perc clown and some chromis.
OUCH!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Went camping came home to find my clam devoured !!!!!!!!!!!!

chrislorentz;109219 said:
Went camping came home to find my clam devoured !!!!!!!!!!!!
AAARRRRGGGG!1111 - sorry man! that sucks.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea it sucks

Melted my five heads of frog spawn and about a 4" Frag of pink birds nest thanks to my AC issues. Finally installed a new AC last night and got tanks back to temp. Sigh. Oh well. At least i only lost 2 corals.(possibly 3 is my superman encrusting Monti doesn't recoop).

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
My mother in law came over for dinner tonight...... She found 20 things we are doing wrong with our house, children, dinner. I might take a total tank crash if it would prevent her visits! Lol

I am having a hard time getting my alk up and stable.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
michael.lemke;109407 said:
My mother in law came over for dinner tonight...... She found 20 things we are doing wrong with our house, children, dinner. I might take a total tank crash if it would prevent her visits! Lol

I am having a hard time getting my alk up and stable.
Find out what she is allergic to-ie cats and get 3!!!

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sold my house and had to move my 240. At the end I lost 4 bartletts anthias(males and females), 3 blue eye cardinals, a few other fish, 4 maximas, a huge derasa,and most all my corals. Some were the size of basketballs and about 10 years old

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kris, you saw my nuked tank. ;)

installed six AI units and didn't check the PAR readings of the 400W metal halides I had over my tank.
Lost almost ALL my SPS. My spongodes barely survived and is making a slow comeback in a different tank.
Lost my tyree true undata, my idaho grape montis, my purple haze monti, my baby blue mille, my tri color valida, and much more.
Most of these were very large colonies, 12"+.
Oh well, live and learn. I'm a dumba$$ :D

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I get home from work last night and guess what I saw. A full bottle of Shellfish diet sitting out right next to my phytopaste. For those that dont know, THIS SUCKS!!! The stuff is supposed to be refrigerated. Basically $60 down the drain. Then I look over to my zoostew culture and its crashed.... So I took my separate cultures of copepods and just dumped them in my tank. Culturing is just not worth my time and money anymore I am afraid.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
that sucks man!...try not to spend any money on the tank or stick you hands in it for a while and just let it be ...sometimes it makes it more enjoyable that way

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My biggest issue is that I try to maintain my tank while being gone for 2-3 weeks a month, all the while visiting amazing lfs' and buying new stuff!

And now, (crosses fingers) buying a house and moving sometime at the end of September/october! Yay!

changing cities or just houses?