M.A.S.C Club Member

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;307220 said:
Really like that rock work it looks awesome, lots of places for corals

The Zoas/Palys look like Pulsar People Eaters to me ......but could be wrong

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=12807

Thanks! It really looks a lot different in person. Hopefully sometime I can get some decent pics.

Those look similar but these don't really have the green skirts... More of a mint/light color shirt, peach and almost black center with a green mouth. Either way they are close! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Clowninaround7474's 60g cube build

Not many changes but the tank is 10months old tomorrow. Picked up another killer acro from AA today to add to the collection.

Was gone on vacation for a week and had an alk spike that I couldn't catch until I got back. Some SPS bleached out, some had some burnt tips and I lost one acro. Sucks, but it's what I get for not having a controller. Everything is on the mend and coloring back up slowly.

I really wish I could get some good photos but don't have a camera and am stuck to the iPhone pics...

View attachment 20629

Last edited by a moderator:

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think it was an error with my dosing pump. It was having an issue with one of the pumps and I think it overdosed. Not sure though but all is back to normal now

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Chris!

Still strongly debating switching from LED to T5 but not ready to pull the trigger. I see so many good LED tanks but see so many killer T5 tanks too...

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last edited by a moderator:

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha I was laughing with my wife about that the other day!!! Good eye haha

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Made a lighting change this week. The Radion Pro is gone... Replacing it is an 8x24w 24" ATI dimmable fixture.

I just wasn't getting the growth or color from the Radion I was wanting in my SPS so I made the change.

Big shout out to Cris at Aquatic Art for getting this fixture for me in under a week.

I'm still utilizing the Reefkoi mounting bracket and it keeps the lights about 5" above the water. These mounting brackets are legit and clearly can be used in multiple applications. If you're looking for a mounting solution, definitely check out Reefkoi's mounts.

I have to burn the bulbs in for 50 hours before I can utilize the dimmable feature of the light. Everything is at 100% but only running 6 bulbs for 4 hours and 2 of the bulbs for an hour on each side of that so 6 hours.

Everything in the tank looked good today with full PE. I'm hoping this is a good start and I can start adding an hour to that schedule every week or so until I have a 10hr lighting schedule.

Current bulb setup:

Front:

Blue +
Actinic
Blue +
Coral +
Blue +
Actinic
Coral +
Blue +

I have an extra aquablue special to try but I really like the overall spectrum with this setup. I do miss the lunar cycle that I ran with the Radion but it was more for my benefit than a benefit to the corals.

Hoping to get better colors and growth with this fixture!!

View attachment 20954

View attachment 20955

View attachment 20956

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
nice man, looks great. Im sure you will be happy with the t5's, I have really liked mine thus far. They grow things really well and the color/spectrum combos are endless