Custom built stands and canopies.

pidge

Angel Fish
Here are a few more recent ones. The photos are not too good. I have not been able to fix my camera yet.

A solid oak stand for a 90 built for fish26, stained ebony

This one is a 80 gal "euro" bow front, painted black
Unfinished, its easier to tell

finished and in place

This one is an older one that I built for wrick181. It was harder design because I was trying to keep the cost down as low as I could. It is just oak ply, that I grain matched for the doors and what not.

I have built several others since starting this thread, but do not have any photos of them yet. I can provide many references as well.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
looks good ...after all them stands you might need to consider becoming a sponsor :)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shoot me a PM about what it might run to cover three sides (peninsula style) of a 72" by 24" base with a nicely stained furniture-quality wrap. I don't need to much function in the base as it won't be used for anything other than looks. I will need access to just below the tank as I have flow valves underneath. Then I would be looking to match a canopy to the base. I'm looking at different lighting options, but I definitely don't like the tall canopy look. (And can't stand open tops personally)

Pics of it currently;

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
pidge;121332 said:
Hmmmm, not a bad idea, if I do say so myself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
nice! ..you can pm or email any of the boards members and we can get you all set-up

pidge

Angel Fish
othercents;121345 said:
That ebony stand looks awesome. Could you tell us how much one of those run?
Well I built a canopy as well to go along with this stand. There were quite a few upgrades, like, the solid core doors, and the clam style canopy. There were a few other things that the person had added on that increased the price a little. For a stand and canopy that are this size made out of oak, without all the upgrades, I would charge somewhere around $750.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
pidge;121405 said:
Well I built a canopy as well to go along with this stand. There were quite a few upgrades, like, the solid core doors, and the clam style canopy. There were a few other things that the person had added on that increased the price a little. For a stand and canopy that are this size made out of oak, without all the upgrades, I would charge somewhere around $750.
seems like alot but everyone should keep in mind this type of stand isnt your run off the mill mass produced piece 'o junk stand its a piece of furniture and it takes alot of time, patience and money to build something like this ...never seen his work in person but just saying in general this is a whole different animal

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;121408 said:
seems like alot but everyone should keep in mind this type of stand isnt your run off the mill mass produced piece 'o junk stand its a piece of furniture and it takes alot of time, patience and money to build something like this ...never seen his work in person but just saying in general this is a whole different animal
Actually your run of the mill piece of junk is about that much unless you are talking about the ones that wobble.

pidge

Angel Fish
Here is one I finished for aqua imports. It is double sided with some oak pieces covering up the over flows.
Lets try this again.

pidge

Angel Fish
The stand I just finished up for Cody, triple t. It's a mock of the Solana 60xl stand. The last picture is what it was supposed to look like.

pidge

Angel Fish
Here is the stand I recently finished for Cody, Tripple T. It is a mock of the Solana 60XL, I built it just a little bit taller and used some different hinges. The last one is what the original looks like.