DBTC limit

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;141323 said:
Hence, a flaw in the system.
ya that kind of happens with the honor system ....it wouldn't be based on trust if everything was tracked ....lol

it is a nice system for those that participate and I for one appreciate it

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Then again, what counts as a lot? Erika and I have gotten 5 outside of the dbtc meeting over the past few months and have given out like 7.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I know that personally I give back most of mine at the DBTC meetings just because of the headaches dealing with people picking them up at other times and others get sent home with people that stop by my place and never are posted on here at all. I do give some out as contests and what not as well, a lot of it just depends on my mood and how much time I have to getting things done. Some that i get just don't make it for whatever reason I know for me at least I lost 2 of the favorite ones i ever recieved a setosa that was dead by the time I got it home and a Yellow Fuzzy that was killed by a fish sitter while I was vacation. Don't worry people I have some very nice ones coming up for the next DBTC meeting as well. I know that sometimes they are small but some of them grow terribly slow as well.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zoalander;141326 said:
Well with my up coming DBTCs I have my own rules, you must be a MASC member and mist have given out 3 DBTCs.
see that is also a nice thing ....you can make your own rules ....ill have to get my links ready to prove my 3 DBTC's

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I personally make sure I give back all my DBTC's, that is if they live. I would like poo other wise. Sometimes I give more then the 2 out, as it is easier then selling stuff. Plus it makes me feel all warn and fuzzy iside when I give stuff away.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;141369 said:
LOL now I am going to feel like a d!@k If I take anything lol
well if you dont someone else will ...so you better get'em before me :)

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;141377 said:
you should! You ever gonna come get that GSP? lol
lol I have tryed to remember to set someting up with you. Last weekend I think I was down your way and the weather sucked. I will be Going to get my 300 this weekend where are you at?

Personally I really don't mind that the system is a bit leaky. I try my best to return all of my DBTCs back and dont really worry about them after that. Of course, your dbtc, your rules. Personally I love forum games for DBTCs. Also, you could theoretically track your DBTCs if you want. Just say when you give them out that they have to go on their sig, and tell you when they've given them away, and that they are inelligible for another one from you until they do so. But I like the system. Half my interaction with other reefers has been either picking up or giving away DBTCs. It's always fun to go see someone's tank and talk with them about it.

Edit: One possible suggestion might be to "strongly suggest" that people keep their signatures updated. Not only does it keep you honest publicly, but everyone forgets where they got everything. If I didn't use my signature, I'd probably forget what I owed too.

Edit2: Plus if I post that my tank crashes and I post asking for people to send my DBTCs back my way, people damn well better speak up!

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only problem I've experienced with putting the list in your sig is after the DBTC meeting when you come home with like 20 different corals that makes for a very long signature.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Metalsniper;141574 said:
The only problem I've experienced with putting the list in your sig is after the DBTC meeting when you come home with like 20 different corals that makes for a very long signature.
thats 2-3 lines ...you could alsways make the font a little smaller

another thing people could do is put it in there profile as a visitor msg.

personally i started doing it as a courtesy so that people can see where there corals are at after they give them to me and to help me keep track of what i owe still

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if this would work, but is it possible to have an open excel sheet for all to edit in a thread just for DBTC? Might be a ton of work but that way each member could keep track of what they have given and received.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
im not interested in that because i keep mine in my sig ....beyond that i dont care

you can't load excel files onto the site either ....best you could do probably is put something on google docs for everyone to use but good luck getting people to update it

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;142162 said:
So what was decided? We regulate our own individual transactions? Do we tell whiners to flip off?
they was no decision to be made ....its your DBTC your choice ...same as always

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;142183 said:
they was no decision to be made ....its your DBTC your choice ...same as always
+1. It's always been up to the giver as to whine they want to get the coral. If you decide you want to give it to the third person who posts instead of the first then do so. If you see someone being greedy then don't give then anything, it's totally up to you.

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
is it ok to ask the op if there is an extra frag? sometimes if its something i really want and no one is selling. i dont mind spending the money but its just that no one is selling.