Deadrock's 3 Gallons of Envy

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
deadrock;56685 said:
ok so im trieing to figure out what im gonna do with the par 38 as far as a fixture ??? its too big for most of the pendants at lowes and hd
here's what worked for me, I bought a shelf, light socket, and cheap extension from lowes. I screwed the socket and plastic thing its attached to to the bottom side of the shelf(which is mounted far above the pico). I then drilled a hole into the plastic thing and shoved the end of the extension cord the I cut off into the hole. I wired up the wires to the socket (polarized is hot, should be black wire. The socket instructions tell you what wire goes to what side either silver or gold). The reason for mounting the shelf high is because I didn't know how far up I should go. Lowes sells a locline looking socket extension that I connected to the socket and I screwed the bulb to the other side, and I could position it however I chose. Sound complicated I know, but its really simple. For me I ended up not using the socket estension thing, for in all my perfection I mounted it just right, lol. I'll post a pic or two in my build thread later.
Totals:
Socket extender 16
Shelf 12
Socket 5
Plastic thing that socket mounts to 5
extension cord 1

For around 35(with extender thing) 20(without extender) I built me a new light fixture. Oh I guess the PAR38 is extra, but I assume you already have that. Hit me up if you have questions

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
im going to get some pics up tomorow i will get some pics of the overflow working ive been lazy and still havent got the par-38 hooked up yet lol

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So yes my internet is down but I'm doing well I moved so all of my projects got pushed back lol I've got the 75 gal up and running the pico is not so envyious and the 20l is hangin on lost a few dbtc pieces and a few of my old colonies to the move and now currently battleing with gha again fml lol ill try to get on here more often

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
This was a nice looking system. I hope you gut it back to the envious stage soon!

I love the Pico's. I have 2 myself. One of them has been running for about 6 months. The other just finished it's cycle and I just started stocking it yesterday. I just joined this site today so I don't have any pics or threads together yet. If you go to reefcentral or nano-reef and do a search for "drilled pico" you can see both tanks on there. My user name is the same.

Last edited by a moderator: