Edit thread time limit

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
We know that you're not paid for anything. That's why you have our endless adoration, undying gratitude, and the occasional unmentionable thrown at you. We just can't help ourselves.

(ps thanks for re-reviewing the policy, and for everything else y'all do. I know it's like trying to herd cats around here.)

:silentbob: :hail: :cheer2: :whoo: :hug: :kiss: :love_heart:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
After the communities input and further review of the recent change to thread edit capabilities the board has decided to revise the change in policy to the following:

Registered users(un-badged members) = no edit rights (further revision for time limit restraints are being looked into. Currently there is no time limit, so whats posted is posted)
Badged Members = original edit rights

Again thank you all for your thoughts, input, patience and support! Our goal is always to try and protect and act in the best interest of the community, but some times we do not always know how things will be perceived and viewed. We believe we have now developed a policy that will not only protect valued community members, but is also a perk/benefit to becoming a badged supporting member.

* If you have any further questions, please pm a board member. We do know that there a few of you whom do not have member badges whom need them and we will do our best to get those turned on for you asap. For those of you whom do fall into this requirement please make sure that you post up on the below thread (if you haven't already done so) so we know that you need one.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?17317-Need-a-badge&highlight=members+badge

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

CRW Reef;225634 said:
After the communities input and further review of the recent change to thread edit capabilities the board has decided to revise the change in policy to the following:

Registered users(un-badged members) = no edit rights (further revision for time limit restraints are being looked into. Currently there is no time limit, so whats posted is posted)
Badged Members = original edit rights

Again thank you all for your thoughts, input, patience and support! Our goal is always to try and protect and act in the best interest of the community, but some times we do not always know how things will be perceived and viewed. We believe we have now developed a policy that will not only protect valued community members, but is also a perk/benefit to becoming a badged supporting member.

* If you have any further questions, please pm a board member. We do know that there a few of you whom do not have member badges whom need them and we will do our best to get those turned on for you asap. For those of you whom do fall into this requirement please make sure that you post up on the below thread (if you haven't already done so) so we know that you need one.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?17317-Need-a-badge&highlight=members+badge

Thanks bod!! Great compromise!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Edit thread time limit

It would be nice to see, in addition to this, that ACTIVE, CONTRIBUTING people in this community that are not badged members, that have been here more than say six months could be grandfathered in and be allowed to continue to contribute positively. I understand that everyone is allowed to contribute, however I do understand how it would feel if all of a sudden after being part of this community for more than a year certain areas or abilities were stripped from my usage simply because I did not attend two meetings. I myself have paid dues and gone to the meetings because I chose to, this does not make my contribution to all members anymore valuable than those that have not. And in fact many of those people that are not badged members have more value and experience to contribute than I do. I feel this is a huge injustice to many in this community even after the lengthy and thoughtful solution that has come up. Hopefully we can find a way to retain these positive individuals in this forum and not alienate them simply because they have not attended a couple hours of meetings in a year.
Thank you BOD for what you have accomplished and for taking time to consider this.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea. The problem is the person that created this problem was a badged member. So how does this come about helping anybody?