Grow out contest 2016-1

rjl45

Clown Fish
Mines open kind-of, but my pipe fish love the new addition and keep inspecting it lol. The Zoa isn't quite sure what to think lol. I also popped it off the plug and put it on a small piece of rock. Great color! I'm really excited to see this grow out. For tie breaker... I don't have any idea how many heads I will get, but for a lack of anything else, my guess is 8.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm guessing I'll have 5.5 total heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I'm putting 6 on mine when we are done.

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
OK so how many times have you gone to check on your new frag? This bieng the most expensive zoa polyp I've ever had. I look at it all the time. I'm debating on either making a zoa farm or keeping them in my frag tank to grow out. So hard to decide.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I look at mine all the time. I pissed it off though so it's been closed for like a day

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
projectx;648543 said:
Updating my end of contest count to 5. since i am sober now lol
Ill still take care of you AB lol
Haha, that more realistic.

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am with you guys, I was waiting all day at school to see it. It's open more today but it's skirt is still hidden, I can tell this thing is going to be great though.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep. I check on it often. Never paid this much for a coral, not to mention just one polyp (to be fair, I haven't done SPS).

Mine continues to be pissed. The coral banded shrimp likes to stand on the zoa garden and beg for food, so that doesn't help. Mine is the same as teenreefer's - it's opened up more but has kept its skirt hidden. My Rastas did that in the beginning too, and they've now grown from 4.5 polyps to more than 10 in the time since reef stock. So I'm hopeful for this one.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could be dreaming, but I think one of the lashes is longer today LOL. I'm with the rest of you, it's hard not to keep checking on this bugger.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
neil82;648562 said:
I could be dreaming, but I think one of the lashes is longer today LOL. I'm with the rest of you, it's hard not to keep checking on this bugger.
Man, I thought I saw a second polyp. Then I zoomed in.

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just got home from football and sure enough the thing is fully open... If only it could open when the lights are on.