LED Group buy!

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
QLe;77308 said:
How much are TRP drivers? Anyone know website listing price>?
You'll be satisfied with the drivers from the LED seller. I have 3 of them and they work perfectly. I also asked the guy to see if he can find a driver greater than 60W. I'm working on setting up an aquarium 8' long and will need lots of LEDs. It would be nice to have them on fewer circuits, although since the 60W and 30W drivers are small, it's not necessary.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Derek,
Please remove the FLL-P100A items from my list.
I can't justify paying over $5 for a rheostat.
Thanks
Gale

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Buying the LED's with the shipping cost is worth it.....the optics are still worth it but are getting closer to the price in the States....but I can buy 3 10K linear rheostats for $6 delivered to my door from futurlec.com

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK....I must be reading the spreadsheet wrong.....it says 5.13 per item under the rheostat but that's for 3...add shipping and it's 10.46 for 3.....I can still get them cheaper from futurlec, but not as bad as I thought.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
I also noticed something is flaky with the web site. When I select Add to Cart nothing shows up in the cart. I also noticed UPS Express shipping has gone up astronomically. I'll ask the guy to check it out.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
shipping for everyone's items is looking to be $282.31 according to the spreadsheet.

$32 is VERY good.....wonder why they are charging so much for shipping.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right now....for 60 LED's, 3 drivers, 60 optics and 3 rheostats....my shipping alone is $41.33
I hope you can get the guy to give us a break..

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I could attach it to the thread I would. Send me an email at that0neguy1126@gmail.com or PM me here with your email and I will send it to you.

We will have to talk to him, It seems like he calculate shipping individually. It's really weird. and then when you go to check out, it takes like 50% of the shipping costs off.

Once I have the final order, I may send him everything and see if he gives us a different price. This is a huge order, so I am sure he will work with us.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Zooid;77430 said:
Right now....for 60 LED's, 3 drivers, 60 optics and 3 rheostats....my shipping alone is $41.33
I hope you can get the guy to give us a break..
My shipping for a nearly identical order was $32. Something's not right with the calculator. I'm sure he'll do his best to come up with the best rate. I used UPS Express Saver shipping for mine and it was here 4 days after he shipped it.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a nice reply on how i calculated shipping per person for each item... then i hit the wrong button and it went poof. I used the UPSE because it seemed the be the cheapest, and fairly quick.

I will type of the response on how I figured shipping out for everyone once I get to work (just leaving now).

spssps

Cleaner Shrimp
I thought that we were doing a group order so we could get a break on shipping. Looks like we are all getting charged individually for the shipping. If the order is going to be shipped directly to my house, then the individual shipping charge makes sense, but if its all going to one address, then I am confused why the shipping is so high.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Derek, whatever happens with shipping, we need to place the order through the Aliexpress.com web site. It protects the buyer by placing the payment into escrow until we receive the order.