LED Group buy!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lets have everyone's final orders in by 11p on 3/3/11.

I will send out what I have for everyone as of now in a couple hours.
With a final list, I will take it to the seller, and then come back to everyone with a final price, and we can decide then on if we want to buy or not.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Derek,
I know I'm sounding like a whiner some times but I do appreciate your time and effort.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
its no problem. I figured since I am buying them, I might as well see if anyone else needs some and can save a little bit of money.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so here are the orders I have right now.

Remember, Orders are due by 03/03/2011 23:00 MT. Once I have everyone's order, I will go to the seller and see what the end price will be. I will than contact everyone and get a yes/no, If any order's have changed I will go back to the seller and make sure everything is still good. I will then collect money (via cash or paypal). I will then place the order.

Derek (That0neguy)
8 Super Blue, 8 Blue, 2 Warm White, 2 White (10-20k), 2 Cool White (20-25k), 200 60Degree Optics, 100 45Degree Optics.

Gale (Zooid)
2 Super Blue, 2 Blue, 2 Cool White (20-25k), 60 45Degree Optics, 3 60W dimmable power supply, 3 pots,

Dan (Crit21)
1 Blue, 1 Cool White (20-25k), 20 60Degree Optics, 1 60W dimmable power supply , 1 pot.

Tony (68rustang)
9 Super Blue, 7 Blue, 7 White (10-20k), 240 60 Degree Optics,

Brandon (spssps)
3 Super Blue, 2 Blue, 1 White (10-20k), 1 Cool White (20-25k), 100 60Degree Optics, 3 60W dimmable power supply, 3 Pots,

Q (Qle)
4 Super Blue, 4 Blue, 2 White (10-20k), 1 Cool White (20-25k), 100 60Degree Optics, 6 60W dimmable power supply, 1 30W dimmable power supply,

Dan (Nadking)
1 DTY60WF0B12-5050

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
I talked with Felix in China. He will write a lower invoice for us because of the GB.

We do need to prorate shipping based on quantities ordered though. According to the spreadsheet, it's cheaper for me to order separately and have it shipped to my home.

Qle, Felix wants to know exactly what you plan to use the 21W driver for.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crit21;77657 said:
I talked with Felix in China. He will write a lower invoice for us because of the GB.

We do need to prorate shipping based on quantities ordered though. According to the spreadsheet, it's cheaper for me to order separately and have it shipped to my home.

Qle, Felix wants to know exactly what you plan to use the 21W driver for.
I will make that change on the final spreadsheet once Felix gets back to me with the final price.

Q also changed that to a 30W, I have not update the spreadsheet, will do that tomorrow morning.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Cool.

OK EVERYONE, it's now or never for this GB. Derek is close to placing the order for 760 (or more) LEDs. We're also expecting an additional discount due to the larger order. If the discount is large enough, I'm probably going to order an additional 200.

These LEDs, lenses, drivers and potentiometers have been tested in my SPS tank. All I can say is that not only do they work well electrically, but my corals love them! Between increased pigmentation, rapid growth and awesome fluorescence, they are definitely worth putting over your tank.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gale, Do you want to give me the big order now, that way we have more when I go to order with him. If the discount is not big enough, we can revert back to the smaller order.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nah, I'll hold off until I build my frag tank light. That way I can determine if I have the ability to do this without spending an awful lot hehe.
If it all works out....I'll probably start another group buy so I can build a 240 LED system on my main tank.

time for my order - assuming shipping isn't astronomical....
2 Super Blue
2 Blue
1 White (10-20k)
1 Cool White (20-25k), 100 60Degree Optics
6 60W dimmable power supply
1 30W dimmable power supply
7 pots

For what it's worth - I've used FedEx to ship 2 day / 3 day to India numerous times - we get charged less than $60 for a 1 lb or lighter box containing CDs.... (and I get email notifcations and tracking!)

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;77685 said:
Nah, I'll hold off until I build my frag tank light. That way I can determine if I have the ability to do this without spending an awful lot hehe.
If it all works out....I'll probably start another group buy so I can build a 240 LED system on my main tank.
Sounds good. I will let you know how my 240 build turns out.

QLe

Turbo Snail
I think I'm okay with my LED numbers. Derek, good luck with the negotiation and let us know when he will generate the invoice. Thanks.

QLe

Turbo Snail
What is everyone using for your heat sink? Anyone going to do a built thread? Last night, I ordered some cooling fans. I ordered 2 8' section U channel, but with this many LED, I might need to buy some more heat sink. I was originally planning on 48.

68RUSTANG

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi Derek,

Can you please add:

1 Cool White (20-25k) to my order.

So here's my final order:

1 Cool White (20-25k), 9 Super Blue, 7 Blue, 7 White (10-20k), 240 60 Degree Optics.

My Email is leilanitony@aol.com

Thanks,

Tony