Mangroves Group Buy

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Mangroves

WatercolorsGuy;248038 said:
Those are some nice plants, nice to find them already leafed out instead of just getting pods. I might go in on some with you.
10-15 plants

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got you guys added. Maybe a mod can change the title to mangrove group buy.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;248143 said:
Yeah he added you Cindy. He made a list on the first post.
Cool. I didn't catch that part. Sorry. Serves me right for jumping in before I've had my first cup of coffee.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;248141 said:
have you got me down for 10?
Gese pay attention Cindy! I've seen you mad and that's the last thing I wanna do is make you mad haha.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
09bumblebee;248155 said:
Gese pay attention Cindy! I've seen you mad and that's the last thing I wanna do is make you mad haha.
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah, I'm good at gettin' mad. But I'm not mad today. Well... not yet anyway. :rofl:

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got you added fish. Lets put a close date of Monday night the 27th they only ship mon-wed so that way ill get the order in mon late night and we wil have them late next week.

Notes about mangroves:

Keep an eye on your magnesium level, its used as the salt pump to help remove the salt from the mangroves. Its not salt creep but extruded salt that needs to be rinsed off.

If your buying pods that already have roots make sure they were grown in saltwater. A fresh water grown mangrove will have a hard time acclimating to saltwater.

Red mangroves are the most salt resistant, followed by blacks then whites.

Not all fuge bulbs will work. I used 16 watt cfl bulbs for awhile and saw my mangroves wasting away, but when i upgraded to a 42 watt cfl i started getting great growth.

I have personally ordered from bambo-dynasty on ebay and was really upset with what i got, I ordered from http://stores.aquaculturenurseryfarms.com/-strse-PLANTS/Categories.bok and got amazing jaw dropping trees. He also has an ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/AQUACULTURE-FARMS

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea they are grown in 1.024 level according to the sale post.

Its hard to see but the 2 mangroves on the far left are from bamboo-dynasty, the rest of them on the right came from aquaculture farms.
[attachment=64516:name]

The leaves and growing tips were bent over to be crammed into to small of box, they slowly died off. I originally ordered 15, i have 2 with leaves left and 1 that has dropped all its leaves and is on the way out the door like the rest of them. I have lost 0 from aquaculture farms.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The place were ordering from also has a 2 months guarantee.

By the way it's bamboo dynasty were ordering from.