MindblowingCorals.com - Anyone know these guys?

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SAZAMA;180624 said:
supply and demand brother. low supply, high demand.
There is NO good reasoning or excuse to charge thousands for per eye on a Chalice or per polyp on any coral. Thats just shear stupidity and greed on the part of both the seller and buyer for that matter. This hobby is all about enjoying the creatures and providing them with a healthy thriving home not fancy names, Photoshop images and insanely ($1k pp) overpriced thumbnail size coral. I for one am proud that our community here in Colorado for the most part stays away from this kind of unnecessary opulence. Sorry to be so blunt, but I am just totally against vendors/buyers who like to show up others with their fancy names and insane priced coral. I'd rather see that excessive money spent on a charity or some kind of good cause.

andrew

Butterfly Fish
lol jason fox goes to bali picks out some coral from a local farm, pays a few bucks and sends them home. but the cost to go there, hotel, food, everything to live and bring the corals back is what is expensive. he probably still makes a good profit on stuff. it does seem like it though, when someone can spend $750 on an eye of the rare chalice coral that someones sells. it like this looks pretty, im gonna put a cool name and sell it for hundreds

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;180897 said:
There is NO good reasoning or excuse to charge thousands for per eye on a Chalice or per polyp on any coral. Thats just shear stupidity and greed on the part of both the seller and buyer for that matter. This hobby is all about enjoying the creatures and providing them with a healthy thriving home not fancy names, Photoshop images and insanely ($1k pp) overpriced thumbnail size coral. I for one am proud that our community here in Colorado for the most part stays away from this kind of unnecessary opulence. Sorry to be so blunt, but I am just totally against vendors/buyers who like to show up others with their fancy names and insane priced coral. I'd rather see that excessive money spent on a charity or some kind of good cause.
I dont think its fair to charge 175,000$ for a Lamborghini, but I don't think that lamborghini is unethical for doing so. what about the cost of dive gear, a boat, the permits, holding tanks, shipping ect... I would like to think this is a very fair ethical market but this is still a business for many people, and they have mortgages too. I dont know of anyone who only sells coral to pay the bills. I seriously doubt that even Jason Fox, doesn't have a real job(other than corals). I totally see your point, and we do have a great community here, but if they wanna charge a 1000$pp and people will pay I dont see a problem.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not to stir the pot anymore but chalice are deep water. Deep water = the bends. I have heard of farmers getting sick and some dieing try to get some of these chalice....I think thats the #1 resone to there price. I for one will never buy one at that price. But I think thats more due to how deep my
pocket book is.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am the owner of mindblowingcorals.com I am Colin Perez, my wife is Allyson. We just launched the site about 10 days ago. I am trying to become a sponsor here on MASC. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction on who to talk too? We are Definetly Colorado proud and will take good care of the people here and on MASC.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ah I was hoping that maybe you would show up again one day. I have heard lots about you and your incredible Zoa collection that you have and or had.

Ps. Welcome back and we look forward to seeing you as a sponsor soon.

Hey everyone! I know most of you guys personally... trevor not sure if u remember me but i was selling teh 12 gal and you came and looked at it. Mindblowing corals is where i got most of my incredible stuff..... Colin was kind of my little secret until he launched his website... Honestly the guy has done us all a huge service in Colorado by bringing in top notched stuff that then trickles down to most everyone around heres aquariums.... Ive worked with him alot and he is super friendly and very fair about prices. His inventory is great and his frags are always colored up and look as promised... I absolutely vouch for mindblowing corals...

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm. Might need to setup a time to go browse. Do you guys do walk-ins with an appointment?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tripple T;181750 said:
Hey everyone! I know most of you guys personally... trevor not sure if u remember me but i was selling teh 12 gal and you came and looked at it. Mindblowing corals is where i got most of my incredible stuff..... Colin was kind of my little secret until he launched his website... Honestly the guy has done us all a huge service in Colorado by bringing in top notched stuff that then trickles down to most everyone around heres aquariums.... Ive worked with him alot and he is super friendly and very fair about prices. His inventory is great and his frags are always colored up and look as promised... I absolutely vouch for mindblowing corals...
Thanks Cody and everyone else for the kind words. Its nice to see happy friends

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd like to see your selection again. The zoas I got from you a while back are doing great.