name meaning?

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Back in the Denver rave scene in the early 90's that was my DJ name. I've since changed it to my real nickname of many years, Pepper. Unfortunately the username Pepper is pretty much taken on every damn forum out there. So Ghosty has been my screenname on all the forums for the last 15 years. (AVSforums is the only one where Ghosty was taken so it's Ghosty427 on there, my favorite Chevy engine.)

aztecdreams;93564 said:
Name of my showcar, my other money sucking pit
Nice, would love to see pics!

Cherub;93576 said:
LOL you sure yours shouldn't be ryan420?

I've found this "thread" interesting and there is always much more to a "name" than most people realize as mine! Catfish Charlie has been with me for over 40 years. It came from my love of fishing. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's I did a lot of fishing for catfish. We used a "stink bait" called "Catfish Charlie's the Original Stink Bait" along with garlic flavored chicken livers. Even though in the 70's I became more interested in fly and lure fishing (as I am now) the name Catfish Charlie stuck with me as my CB (citizen band radio) handle. In the early 80's when I was doing research on opening a tropical fish shop I was going to call my shop "Fish Nuts"...........till a lady asked me "do fish really have nuts?" :eek2: So one of my friends said "Why don't you call your new shop your CB handle Catfish Charlie's?" so I did! I also did a talk radio show on KOA in the early 90's call "Fish Talk" and I used my radio name on there too as "Catfish Charlie". So here I am on here as Catfish Charlie!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
name meaning?

My name came from long ago... My first offroading vehicle was a Chevy Blazer. I started AOL with the name "Blazinjack" and it just stuck! Now I'm a jeep guy... Go figure!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Catfish Charlie;220934 said:
I've found this "thread" interesting and there is always much more to a "name" than most people realize as mine! Catfish Charlie has been with me for over 40 years. It came from my love of fishing. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's I did a lot of fishing for catfish. We used a "stink bait" called "Catfish Charlie's the Original Stink Bait" along with garlic flavored chicken livers. Even though in the 70's I became more interested in fly and lure fishing (as I am now) the name Catfish Charlie stuck with me as my CB (citizen band radio) handle. In the early 80's when I was doing research on opening a tropical fish shop I was going to call my shop "Fish Nuts"...........till a lady asked me "do fish really have nuts?" :eek2: So one of my friends said "Why don't you call your new shop your CB handle Catfish Charlie's?" so I did! I also did a talk radio show on KOA in the early 90's call "Fish Talk" and I used my radio name on there too as "Catfish Charlie". So here I am on here as Catfish Charlie!
Never knew that about you

Blazinjack;220938 said:
My name came from long ago... My first offroading vehicle was a Chevy Blazer. I started AOL with the name "Blazinjack" and it just stuck! Now I'm a jeep guy... Go figure!
Blazin.. I was thinking another thing...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;220800 said:
I was givin my name in 99 buy a truck driver when I was an operator at a mine. He told me that I was magical with the way I ran the loader. Then he said we"ll hell thats your name majicmike. Then my ATV shop was majic performance and people without knowing the meaning said you must put magic in your the bike's you build and customers called me majicmike. So I have been called that most of my working life.
Don't need to lie to kick it! We all know the truth buddy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Mike