Named/LE Corals

Named/LE Corals

• Yes, and I don't mind paying $$$ per Polyp!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Color and a Fair Price are more important!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought about it, but with the rebuild going on, trying not to really buy corals. But yes, I probably would of gone in on that too.

But! You can't claim to hate the game, if you are playing.

Edit: PM me when those are ready to sell! =) new tank should be good by then

120greefman

djkms;84069 said:
Derek I agree 100% with you but how could I pass up getting 4 chalices for $250 - the retail cost from WWC is $2500 for 3 eyes and unknown on a the price of my chalice. You can't tell me you wouldnt do the same if you had the extra cash to do so. My contribution back though will be selling a couple eyes for waaaaay less then those crooks at WWC.
Great, put me down for two.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I see what your saying. However my money didnt go to a retailer (at least I dont think so, im not the one who set it all up) I do believe it went to another reefer. So in my mind I helped support lowering the cost and not paying retail :)

btw never sniff a dead snail - OMG I feel nauseous now...

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not yet, I got 1 chalice (well now 2) for $250. Honestly though I would be happy making my money back and maybe a little extra. Not looking to Jason Fox here.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What gets me is I will be at a show selling coral and someone will ask the name of a coral and I say it dosent have one they will move on. But had it had a name I would have sold it lol, I mean they liked it enough to point it out and ask about it then when i say its just a cool coral with great colors and no name they are no longer interested.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;84134 said:
What gets me is I will be at a show selling coral and someone will ask the name of a coral and I say it dosent have one they will move on. But had it had a name I would have sold it lol, I mean they liked it enough to point it out and ask about it then when i say its just a cool coral with great colors and no name they are no longer interested.
See this is one thing that makes me mad. People can just slap names on corals then you made yourself a couple hundred dollars. If you want to name your corals go home and name them. Don't pay a outrageous price for something that has a cool name. Get it if I looks cool that is just my opinion but I think names should have nothing to do with corals as in the super special names. The normal ones are fine but when someone just makes a special one and sells it for a lot that is what makes me mad.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;84134 said:
I have seen that for sure Josh. Every show I have been to. I wish the hobby as a whole would just use the scientific name anyway.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;84138 said:
I have seen that for sure Josh. Every show I have been to. I wish the hobby as a whole would just use the scientific name anyway.
Thats the first thing I tell people, then I tell them the nick-name if there is one.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;84134 said:
Sometimes I'll ask what a coral is but if I like it, I'm buying it. Zoanthids and Palys with names help me determine if I like the colors but that's it. If it's too expensive and I don't like it, I don't buy it. Josh had a coral in his last bunch that he sold the entire colony before I could even ask about it LOL.....It was gorgeous.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
gotta sell them as fast as you can, I don't blame you. The quicker you sell them the less upkeep they take
and if you can sell colonies, that's even better cause you don't have to frag. Can you PM me and let me know
what this one went for?
[attachment=59611:name]

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;84275 said:
hmmmm.....aiptasia is rare in my tank, I wonder how much I could get for a frag of aiptasia,
I would say $40 for 5 heads would be the going rate.....