Named/LE Corals

Named/LE Corals

• Yes, and I don't mind paying $$$ per Polyp!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Color and a Fair Price are more important!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;84374 said:
damn thats a nice stove ...can't say i noticed it :( can you get me one ...lol
Lol, its a lot nicer than my home stove. People assume because of my studio my house must be even nicer, it's the opposite. My studio is designed to cater to a high clientele. My house is designed for me not to stress out as my kids destroy it. :)

Here's the stove, it is amazing and the chefs always love it.

http://www.dacor.com/Our-Products/Ranges/Epicure-48-Dual-Fuel-Range.aspx

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
damn your car is nicer than that

wish i could fit one of those in my kitchen i am chef extraordinaire :)

i hate when my kids tear **** up ...errr ...i buy alot of stuff used with that in mind:wall:

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;84376 said:
damn your car is nicer than that

wish i could fit one of those in my kitchen i am chef extraordinaire :)

i hate when my kids tear **** up ...errr ...i buy alot of stuff used with that in mind:wall:
Me too! Let other people pay the retail hit. I should have a reefer party in the studio...wait...that doesn't sound right...

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;84378 said:
I should have a reefer party in the studio...wait...that doesn't sound right...
i'm there ...either way it goes ...lol

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;84369 said:
This might as well be a thread about any hi end product category. There is always something out of the reach of others. If it bothers you that bad go out and make more money. Bitching about it isn't going to change it.

Should I start a thread whining about not being able to afford my own helicopter or Swedish massage team? What about a miniature giraffe? There's always going to be something in the hobby you can't afford. It's not a cheap hobby, it was never a cheap hobby...tough love rant over. :)
Below is a prime example I think about what most of us are talking about. I know why owning my own helicopter or plane costs a lot. I know why rolex sells their watches for crazy expensive. What gets me is that a polyp can be worth $10 one minute and then $120 the next day because someones name is on it. That IMO just makes no sense. Its not about whining because stuff is expensive, its a legitimate gripe to have against people who use their names to make things more expensive just to make more money. You are definitely right though that this is not a cheap hobby, and there are other people out there whose job is just to make it that much more expensive because they are supposedly famous lol.

djkms;84411 said:
Sure didnt take long did it. This is why I hate some of these vendors

http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=4683&cat=0&page=1

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man. That is just stupid. I am glad we did a group buy well they were cheap.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jamie can you link the thread.

btw guys its a wysiwyg ad on crappy....err I mean cherry corals. so its 6 polyps for $120. That is still 100% markup, not very smart marketing (since reefbuilders advertised it not even a week ago) and they changed the name. What a great company.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;84411 said:
Sure didnt take long did it. This is why I hate some of these vendors

http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=4683&cat=0&page=1
It's only doubled, I wouldn't really call that criminal. But cherry, sexy, and wwc always seem to be way high. I think most expect it from them.

I was always taught in the pet biz, livestock was at least tripled and dry goods doubled to cover livestock losses and overhead.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;84429 said:
It's only doubled, I wouldn't really call that criminal. But cherry, sexy, and wwc always seem to be way high. I think most expect it from them.

I was always taught in the pet biz, livestock was at least tripled and dry goods doubled to cover livestock losses and overhead.
i think someone forgot to tell that to happycoral.com

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;84415 said:
Below is a prime example I think about what most of us are talking about. I know why owning my own helicopter or plane costs a lot. I know why rolex sells their watches for crazy expensive. What gets me is that a polyp can be worth $10 one minute and then $120 the next day because someones name is on it. That IMO just makes no sense. Its not about whining because stuff is expensive, its a legitimate gripe to have against people who use their names to make things more expensive just to make more money. You are definitely right though that this is not a cheap hobby, and there are other people out there whose job is just to make it that much more expensive because they are supposedly famous lol.
It happens with everything though. You think that Sony Bravia is any different inside than the Samsung? Yet the Samsung costs $400 less. They are more than likely made in the same factory, just a different case slapped on them at the end of the line.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;84432 said:
It happens with everything though. You think that Sony Bravia is any different inside than the Samsung? Yet the Samsung costs $400 less. They are more than likely made in the same factory, just a different case slapped on them at the end of the line.
The difference there though is that they "mostly" are the same. Why are 2 lights T-5 lights that have the same measurements, PAR, etc. different in price? It's not "just" because of who makes it, but also because of where it's made, the material it's made out of, etc! Rolexes are thousands more than any other watch because they don't use cheap parts, but yes the name does play into it as well. But a lot of companies these days have "price match" or have brought their prices down because they know their namesake won't sell their product, especially in this economy. I'm sure high end companies scrambled as well, maybe not totally, but I'm sure Rolex or Nike were thinking, damn whats Plan B once our name starts wearing out on people?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;84420 said:
Jamie can you link the thread.

btw guys its a wysiwyg ad on crappy....err I mean cherry corals. so its 6 polyps for $120. That is still 100% markup, not very smart marketing (since reefbuilders advertised it not even a week ago) and they changed the name. What a great company.
Think there is some serious mod work going on over there, it was under the happy people eater thread in the club zoa forum. Its all gone now though....mods!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;84432 said:
they actually invented something or atleast made it different ....they didn't just pluck it from the wild and say wow i think this is worth ???,xxx .....but really blame the people that pay that much for it just as much as those selling it