October DBTC!!! _________poll added please vote!

October DBTC!!! _________poll added please vote!

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes +1

• hell no, i prefer to pay for my corals!

• Total voters

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
poo sauce, I don't have anything to frag yet.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wanted to bump this thread about 4 weeks left!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mckibbonator;115343 said:
poo sauce, I don't have anything to frag yet.
I have way more frags than I want corals back for, many people were giving away choices to help others out last year.

Everyone should get to this meeting even if you don't have frags... You will when you leave.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 ...alot of peope went home with dbtc corals who didnt bring anything

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heck yeah, for the last meeting I was super new to the site and all was able to bring three frags with me. But with all the generous people I left with seven. I think Aaron gave me two of his tickets because he say me drooling over the board with my three lame tickets.

I hope to repay the favor to other newbs as I will have ten plus frags to bring.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heck yeah, for the last meeting I was super new to the site and all was able to bring three frags with me. But with all the generous people I left with seven. I think Aaron gave me two of his tickets because he say me drooling over the board with my three lame tickets.

I hope to repay the favor to other newbs as I will have ten plus frags to bring.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for adding the poll, good idea.
Yea I think I had 4 tickets to start and left with 7 or so frags. everyone was very cool and tickets were changing hands most of the day

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
updated the first to post ...please pre-register your corals

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Willz;117657 said:
Don, is there an estimated time yet. Just trying to get a few things scheduled for that day.
ya ill get on that for ya

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;117683 said:
How does the meeting take place? Is it a trade, frag for frag, and you then DBTC them out, or ????
each of your corals are entered into catergories
you get a ticket for each coral you bring in that category
when your ticket number is called you pick a coral from that category or below

The corals you get from the meeting are still DBTC and you need to give 2 away before you sell any

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. I have some DBTC's that I'd love to get out, but I've been pretty busy. Maybe though!

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;117692 said:
each of your corals are entered into catergories
you get a ticket for each coral you bring in that category
when your ticket number is called you pick a coral from that category or below

The corals you get from the meeting are still DBTC and you need to give 2 away before you sell any
Thanks, now I have another question. My tubbs blue's had a large section that wasn't attached to anything, so I figured I should frag them. Once I did that, I ended up with a frag that has 7-8 polyps, and one with 3-4. Do both of them carry the same value at the swap, or do they go into different groups?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;118043 said:
Thanks, now I have another question. My tubbs blue's had a large section that wasn't attached to anything, so I figured I should frag them. Once I did that, I ended up with a frag that has 7-8 polyps, and one with 3-4. Do both of them carry the same value at the swap, or do they go into different groups?
as of now they will fall in the same category ....it just kind of varies what you get in return ...i personally try to make my sps atleast an 1" or usually 2"+ and polyps 3+ ...but there is no rule for it. last time i had got one the had a single (micro)polyp and another that had 20+ polyps

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last go round a number of people were giving tickets to those with none or very few.

Myself and Khensura came with 2 or 3 frags and left with 7 or 8.

I am sure that will be the case again, help the folks out who came with little or nothing.