R_P's 120 build!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jamie where the hell you been man? Havent seen your ugly mug at the last couple of meetings. You just saving up to by us drinks at Reefstock or what??

Pics Brah!!!!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going bring like two flask and hide beer in my cooler.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
New tank came in, now the question: To BB or not to BB? I like having the ability to blast the bottom and have it clean, also siphon out detritus if need be. I also like having sand dwelling creatures (wrasses). I'm also worried about the sand causing a mini cycle. The bottom 2" will be covered by the trim, so I'm not really worried about appearances.

Either way, don't think I'll be getting many corals at RS this year :(

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the return T'd off to circulate water through fug, I shut down that valve and there is a constant gurgling/slurping sound. It's my return too wimpy? Should I add a valve to the drain?

Edit: I open the fug valve more and violà, no more flushing! I still have a slight slurping sound though.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, canopy is in the works. However, I'm thinking of adding some supplemental lighting to the MH. I can either add some T5 or LEDs. Due to the energy consumption, I'm leaning towards LED. I want this to look clean though, not some frankenstein monstrosity....this makes me lean towards the T5, as fixtures already exist like this. What do you guys recommend? I like the sleek look of AM fixtures.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added 3 clams, 1 tomini tang yesterday.
Tomini died tonight, lubbocks MIA. Been noticing ruby red head wrasse being aggressive to anthias.
Day 4 of bio-pellets
Plumbed in carbon and bp reators into return....
before

After