Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone who put this together.

Also want to say thanks to jrc for talking all things plankton with me.

Thanks to CJ for letting me borrow space behind his setup

And I really really want to thank Little fish for selling me the book, you really made my weekend, thanks!!!!

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can sell it, but a better idea might be to set it up in the garage or laundry room with a reservoir and float valve?
Mckibbonator;88102 said:
So I set up the RO/DI unit I won last night about an hour ago. I was perplexed as to when it only filled 1/4 the bucket, so I consulted the instructions and it seems to only does 50 gallons per day. My parents already don't like me taking up the bathroom sink of an hour each week with my current RO unit, let alone 3.5 with this new one. There are also no pipes near where the new tank is being set up, so I have no way of using the unit. I'm not exactly sure what to do with it since I cant use it, and it would be rude to sell it since it was a prize some one donated. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;88102 said:
So I set up the RO/DI unit I won last night about an hour ago. I was perplexed as to when it only filled 1/4 the bucket, so I consulted the instructions and it seems to only does 50 gallons per day. My parents already don't like me taking up the bathroom sink of an hour each week with my current RO unit, let alone 3.5 with this new one. There are also no pipes near where the new tank is being set up, so I have no way of using the unit. I'm not exactly sure what to do with it since I cant use it, and it would be rude to sell it since it was a prize some one donated. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

You could donate it to me! Just explore all options on hooking it up first.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll think about it. The only problem is I would have to haul the water across the house if it were in the laundry room, but the under the sink idea might work. Thanks for the advice.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;88102 said:
you could buy and t adapter and run it in line with the toilet on the supply line ...but if the one you have is better just sell it ...you won fair and square wasn't like a raffle prize

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol. The one I have now is the same, but with a higher flow rate, and no Di. It has a carbon filter, sediment filter, and RO unit. I used it for a year on my old 36 sps with no problems.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I keep it at my place in the mean time till you find out what you want to do with it... lol

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;88102 said:
Do your parents have a basement? That's where I keep mine.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

DGPets

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks to everybody that made it down to the swap!

We had a great time at the presentations, and made some awesome trades.

It was alot of fun meeting and talking to everybody!

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's where I live, and where the aquarium is. See, there's a storage area next to my room, so we're putting the sump in there. The closest pipe is across the basement where the bathroom is. I asked my parent, and they aren't to thrilled about me trying to connect it to a pipe. I'll think about what I'll do for a week or two before I sell it. Any ways, back on topic, AWESOME EVENT!

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aw crap.....I forgot you guys were trading!
I had large pieces of Valida and some prostratas(? they look like a baby blue tip mille to me) and some photosynthetic brown gorgonian.
DoH!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
First off I want to say that I absolutely had an awesome time! I was scattered pretty much everyone and did'nt have time to enjoy everything the way that you guys did but trust me I definitely enjoyed it all!! It was awesome to talk to Scott, I know some people left his first talk waiting to re-aquascape their tanks haha!!

Mckibbonator;88169 said:
That's where I live, and where the aquarium is. See, there's a storage area next to my room, so we're putting the sump in there. The closest pipe is across the basement where the bathroom is. I asked my parent, and they aren't to thrilled about me trying to connect it to a pipe. I'll think about what I'll do for a week or two before I sell it. Any ways, back on topic, AWESOME EVENT!
What you could do since you and fish man did a great job is instead of making money off of the donation you could see if the fish man could use it?

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I sent him a pm. If he doesn't take it I decided to sell it for $60. I'll make another thread when that happens.

DGPets;88167 said:
Thanks to everybody that made it down to the swap!

We had a great time at the presentations, and made some awesome trades.

It was alot of fun meeting and talking to everybody!

I would personally like to thank D&G for their korahlia donation for the 55 Scott and Michelle rebuilt!! It made a world of difference for sure!!

In fact I would like to thank everyone of the vendors for their donations to the school!! It will be really cool to hear in the near future how their tanks are coming along. Seeing so many tanks in a High School really made this whole event awesome for me!

oh an in edit....

MINE!!!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
thejrc;88208 said:
I would personally like to thank D&G for their korahlia donation for the 55 Scott and Michelle rebuilt!! It made a world of difference for sure!!

In fact I would like to thank everyone of the vendors for their donations to the school!! It will be really cool to hear in the near future how their tanks are coming along. Seeing so many tanks in a High School really made this whole event awesome for me!

oh an in edit....

MINE!!!
Damn Joe that was quick!!