Seachem Fuel

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
On Los definitely for full polyps with sps better polyp extension and color. I do not have much to show right now since my tank crash killed everything when I went to Mexico. I plan on beginning to catalog on my system much better once I know everything is stable and feel comfortable to start adding more corals again. Honestly I don't know what's in it but if I had to guess its vitamin enriched food.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did this amazing growth and color because of the SeaChem Fuel happen to also coincide with an otherwise increase awareness to the tank like a bigger skimmer, water changes, etc.? I am only asking because most are adamant about "does nothing" to "wonder additive" and it is probably neither. Have you every stopped dosing it to see if the color and growth went back down? Was the dosing done with enough control to know that it was only the Fuel? I am just curious - thanks.

Tangent, but somewhat related - I personally think that ZeoVit gets a lot of run for being awesome, but most of the time is is the answer to an increased awareness to the whole tank and the method gets the credit for a whole lot of other things that the reefer did at the same time after they decided to "get better." The easy answer is for people to say "this is all that I did," but that is probably not the typical case.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No I am not one that always buys latest and greatest. I my new system I have the best equipment I have ever had. I don't just huge skimmers or lights. And before this new tank I hardly did water changes. I would do a food water change twice a year. Yes I would stop its use and restart it. My thought is this it was a noticeable difference directly related to its use after about two weeks use. Maybe your right it could have been something else however my methods have always been the same with out much deviation. Yes my methods have not been what most people say are good and I would agree. But for 16 dollars you can try and see for yourself. I would love to know because I have hear you have a beautiful tank.

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
When I had my 72 gallon up and running, I had a large red monti cap that was growing well. When I started dosing fuel there was a marked increase in the growth rate as well as a distinct line where the colors were brighter on the new growth than on the old growth. I wish I had gotten better pictures of it when it happened, but the only change was fuel dosing. Just my .02.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I appreciate the responses. I was just curious. I don't have any real agenda or anything... I haven't used anything in a long time other than feeding the fish. There was a time when I thought that they helped, but I think that me reaching out for a supplement was the same time that I was more engage to do better as a reefer. ...back in those days it was Kent Products, which are essentially the same on some levels. What I am really interested in is if regimented reefers with a wide breath and depth of experience found it useful... that would help my theory with the "does nothing" or "totally awesome" binary answer set. You never really hear anybody say, "Yeah, it was OK."

The only additive that I can tell you for sure helped in my tanks was sodium nitrate when I don't have any fish.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What did sodium nitrate do. For what it's worth I have always used two part but now am considering the move to a ca reactor. Don't get me wrong I am not saying its the end all be all. I just believe this stuff does work not that it is a magic cure.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It adds nitrate to the tank to feed the corals since I didn't have any fish to feed. They would get really light and not grow as fast without any food (N and P).

This last time, I just used some flake and cyclops and let the bacteria have at it.