Stolen Goods 125 rr build

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks great. Can't wait to see it with fish and corals.

Saw the first signs of real life this morning! Saw a pod scurry back into a rock when the lights came on and there's something with a long thin snout that sticks out and probes the water. Then it will retract and stick it out another crack in the rock, like what a snail does buried in the sand. There's also a few micro stars.

We've been zeroed for a little over a week. I removed what was left of the dead shrimp and performed a water change. The red algae bloom in the sump has halted for the most part and were growing some mild green hair algae in the display. I'm in need of CUC but everyone seems to be in pretty short supply. In the meantime we added our first fish, a juvenile chocolate mimic tang in order to keep the ammonia rolling. He is doing great and mowing down some of that algae in the process. If all goes as planned I think I'll add a mower blenny in a week or so.

Ill have to get some new pictures up, but here it goes. After battling an issue with supersaturation and winning I've added a pair of false percs and they've began hosting an anthelia i added at the same time. I also added a nice zoa rock with close to 100 polyps. On said zoa rock is an unknown encrusting lime green sps of some sort.
Not counting the saturation issue, this has been by far the easiest startup I've ever done.

It was green and pink day at the LFS....picked up a really nice colored teal green/hot pink chalice and a cool lobo that's colored the same way.

So far were housing a pink/green lobo, pink/green chalice, anthelia colony (clowns are hosting), 2heads of neon green tipped frogspawn, a fairly large RBTA(8")and a large colony of orange rimmed zoas (200)with a green encrusting sps hitchhiker. Livestock wise there's a nice chocolate mimic tang, and a pair of false percs. Tanks been rock solid parameter wise and there is zero nuisance algae in the display. I'd call this my most successful startup of four previous endeavors. Thinking of going no shrimp so I can add a long nosed hawkfish....they're cool