The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

So, after the crash I did some serious thinking about what I want in my home. My wife encouraged me to get my dream tank that'll fit into our home and life.

Here's what I did. Sold the 215, I think. Ordered a tank that'll work in the family room. Then getting started on the new sps domination insanity!!! Hahaha

The pics represent what I ordered. Cadlights will hopefully text me pics of the tank and start in progress!!! I told them I'd give them props if they do...

60"x30"x22" euro braces three sides starfire.

Single overflow drilled with 1.5" drain, 3/4" safety for the herbie, 1" return.

Mocha stand (Canadian birch) and a matching floating hood.

Deciding on weather to use a 75 or 40 breeder for the sump, depends if I can get a 75 into the stand.

Three Chinese led, supplemented with t5 retro.

Calcium reactor.

Reefkeeper light controller.

2 wp 40 for circulation

Cadlight skimmer

Water blaster 7000 return pump.

10 gallon tank for ato.

Sand and rock that I already have.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice, I almost ordered a custom 75 from them. Just had a QC issue that kept bugging me, hoping yours goes well.

Outta be sweet!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've heard they have issues with shipping. They do seem to fix problems in the end though. The price is fair, way less than everyone else, and they actually called me back! Thought about having Craig build the stand but would have had to wait on the tank first so went with them. The stands are custom as well. Über stoked!

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
hey just curious, not to hijack ur thread. this 180 i got, i have a stand, but how much u think itd cost to get a decent hood for it? something i can hang some LEDs inside? doesnt need to be spectacular, the stand is a rough just wood stand, but you cant sit in the room with the tank when the lights are on because theres no coverage...

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Plum, I paid 200 for my hood, shipping for the whole thing is $300. You could piggy back on my order If ya want... Or call craig. He does fantastic work and no shipping.

Gonzo, really? Maybe 2x250 watt? Or would I need 400 waters. Only 22" tall

Rings, look into cad. Very elos like without the European price tag. Not quite as nice but about half the price.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm thinking of running 1 mh and 2 led with the supplemental t5. It's only a 5 foot tank. This will give me the best of a lot of worlds.

On another note!
we just brought this 7 year old Timneh African grey home today. The wife is in love!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The woman we got her from, a former students mom, furnished us with...
Super nice cage, travel cage, huge perch, and some of kia's favorite foods. She's already stepping up and acting at home with us.