The Versatile Frag Plug Project.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Tango;n669799 said:
Man those glue less plugs look nice may have to order those when they come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I was waiting for my testing to conclude to make sure they work as intended. So far I'm pretty happy with the results. Works best with sticks rather than plates.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Cherub;n669823 said:
very cool website and I'm glad you have the 3d print models. Is there a specific recommended plastic that's reef safe?
I believe that most of the common plastics used on FDM printers are reef safe. Just avoid the ones with metal powder in them like the magnetic or conductive ones. The printers that use UV curing liquid resin can leach stuff that might be toxic to marine life, so I would avoid using that kind of plastic in large quantities. I've used PLA, Nylon, PC, ABS and Acetal with no problems, both colored and uncolored. My preferred printing material however is PLA because it sinks in water and prints easily. Some people are worried about PLA because it's often advertised as biodegradable and so the fear is it won't hold up for very long, but it takes decades under ideal composting conditions for that to happen so it's really not worth worrying about.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Balz3352;n669941 said:
I wonder how it does close to a power head does it blow around?
Put it directly in front of my ecotech MP10 on the apex of a rock and it stayed there. Wobbled a little back and forth, but considering that's a terrible location, it holds up pretty well. This was without using any means to attach it, just resting on the rock. Adding rock anchors, sand anchors, rack adapters, etc is also an option.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Fitz19d;n669952 said:
Id love to try maybe 12 or 15 square inches. Come in blocks that size or like a cut to fit sheet.
I made it into a sheet that is about 5 x 5 inches which totals 144 squares. So that can be cut down to any size you want.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
From a quick skim, I'd try to figure out more pics or exciting looking description to catch peoples eye that these arn't just expensive plugs. (the clipping into egg crate etc.)