What do you do?

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I work as Human Resources in a nursing home but I'm also a certified nursing assistant.

New to the forum (and Denver for that matter). Moved here in June because of my wife's residency. I am a Chiropractor who specializes in sports injuries and rehabilitation. I will post more about my tank (with pics) when it is done cycling. Small nano, because not a lot of room in the house we are renting. I have been viewing your threads since I have been out here and have learned a ton about reefing so thanks in advance!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Coach63;200277 said:
New to the forum (and Denver for that matter). Moved here in June because of my wife's residency. I am a Chiropractor who specializes in sports injuries and rehabilitation. I will post more about my tank (with pics) when it is done cycling. Small nano, because not a lot of room in the house we are renting. I have been viewing your threads since I have been out here and have learned a ton about reefing so thanks in advance!
Welcome

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So what do YOU do?

I'm a member on other various forums, and one topic usually surfaces, that peaks my interest.

"What do you do for a living?"

I find it interesting what people do to afford these hobbies of ours :)

Me? I'm a Solutions Architect by day. Basically a fancy title for a software geek. My company designs and builds custom case management systems for courts. Our software basically tracks every bit of data with regard to court cases. From civil, to criminal, to traffic and everything else in-between. I personally work with courts based in California.

So who's next?

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm vp of a Landscape Company in the southern metro area. Looking to get into real estate part time very soon

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im the operations manager for DirectBuy of Denver and have a specialty product backround in millworks, cabinetry and building supplies, with experience in all aspects of construction and finish carpentry. I guess Im the guy who can make sure its correct, sell it to you and then tell you how to properly install it, all the while running the entire company. Of course Im under paid and over worked, to say the least!!

I also handle all the in house furniture repairs, which is a cash in pocket job, so this is generally how i fund my addiction! :)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;274612 said:
Im the operations manager for DirectBuy of Denver and have a specialty product backround in millworks, cabinetry and building supplies, with experience in all aspects of construction and finish carpentry. I guess Im the guy who can make sure its correct, sell it to you and then tell you how to properly install it, all the while running the entire company. Of course Im under paid and over worked, to say the least!!

I also handle all the in house furniture repairs, which is a cash in pocket job, so this is generally how i fund my addiction! :)

See, this IS cool.

I think I sat in DirectBuy seminar a few years back in Centennial. I liked the concept, but didn't have the $$ to spend on the membership or the stuff you carried at the time :(

Any MASC member discounts?? ;)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
xjmav;274608 said:
I'm vp of a Landscape Company in the southern metro area. Looking to get into real estate part time very soon
Do you and Chad work together?

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;274612 said:

One of my bosses friends works with you. I want to say his name is dale

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm a clinical research project manager; the company that I work for specializes in oncology studies. Basically, we work as an intermediary between the companies/research foundations and the physicians that are working on developing new treatments for cancer patients.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm the General Manager for a restaurant and liquor store in Southlands in Aurora, and also the Sommelier. The Wine Experience Café & World Cellar. I am also a full time student at University of Phoenix getting my BS in Software Engineering.

In R&D for a company that makes the software for EMS toughbooks, fire departments, etc. I guess there are a lot of us tech nerds on here. My tank is my stress reliever.