WP25/40's no longer available?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As seen on reef2reef
http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120302

dougers31;1351521 said:
So a local vendor in our club had a group buy going for the wp25/40's, and he just posted this info...

Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.

Thanks again everyone and we will keep you posted!

Anyone else hear any specific info on this? I wonder which company's patent they (allegedly) violated? It's a bummer either way...

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: WP25/40's no longer available?

Wow I wondered how long it would be until that happened. Bummer for those that want some and awesome for those who already have them.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I wonder if there is an import ban if someone bought some on Ebay (or other place) direct from China....

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Cherub;247987 said:
and what's this WP25?? Where was the GB on those xD
Those hadnt really hit the US market yet, but it was like an MP10 to the MP40.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Blazinjack;247984 said:
Wow!! Glad I got my hands on one!
I am guessing the resale price on these may have just gone up....

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

WatercolorsGuy;247989 said:
I am guessing the resale price on these may have just gone up....
Ill start the bidding at 150?!?! ;) mine is still NIB...

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Wow. I sold one of mine to another member. I wonder if I can get it back or if he'll give another c note for it?

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still have mine brand new in the box, in fact I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

If anyone seriously wants one, I would be willing to entertain offers for corals, or other livestock in trade. I really don't want to gouge anyone on price, to take advantage of anyone, but I really only bought it for "what if" down the road.

I would be interested in super cool SPS, and/or Chalices with lots of bright colors. Also hammer/frogspawn corals too.

I also think I need to make this trade available to members only.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;247995 said:
I still have mine brand new in the box, in fact I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

If anyone seriously wants one, I would be willing to entertain offers for corals, or other livestock in trade. I really don't want to gouge anyone on price, to take advantage of anyone, but I really only bought it for "what if" down the road.

I would be interested in super cool SPS, and/or Chalices with lots of bright colors. Also hammer/frogspawn corals too.

I have a nice sized OME chalice I would trade if you're willing. I can send a pic after work

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;247995 said:

+1

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Gabe. Maybe I should have clarified, I would like more then just one coral. Still in the grow-out phase of my build. But with that said, I want to make sure it is a fair trade for everyone.

A couple of corals I would like to add, that I lost in the crash of my old tank would be a jedi mindtrick, and also pink boobies. I'm also a sucker for the hammer type of corals.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;248006 said:
Thanks Gabe. Maybe I should have clarified, I would like more then just one coral. Still in the grow-out phase of my build. But with that said, I want to make sure it is a fair trade for everyone.

A couple of corals I would like to add, that I lost in the crash of my old tank would be a jedi mindtrick, and also pink boobies. I'm also a sucker for the hammer type of corals.
ah no problem. It's worth it by itself since it's not just a frag but I can understand wanting more than one lol. GL buddy :D

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You still should be able to get them direct from China. Despite numerous patent violations, law suits, etc, you can still get iDevice, Samsung, etc. cords, batteries and chargers from china directly... and all kinds of other stuff. In rare cases of big-impact faking or products, China will shut factories down to mitigate the "all stuff from china is a fake" issue, but if this company has not been shut down already, then they probably will not be.