WP25/40's no longer available?

I am glad to here this!! Nothing like stealing, and thats exactly what they are doing. I cant imagine the cost to develop something like this not to mention the manufacturing and advertising. Im not bashing people that bought or are trying to buy them only looking at it from a business point of view.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: WP25/40's no longer available?

powdermonkey;248036 said:
I am glad to here this!! Nothing like stealing, and thats exactly what they are doing. I cant imagine the cost to develop something like this not to mention the manufacturing and advertising. Im not bashing people that bought or are trying to buy them only looking at it from a business point of view.
Just curious how this is stealing?

sent from you home

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Maybe the basic look was copied, but I can tell you these pumps out perform tunze and vortec pumps hands down. They should be worried about these pumps. They out perform with a lower cost. Do you think if these pumps bombed these company's would even worrie? I guarantee we will see a ne design on both brand within 6 months. Then who copied who.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

According to the R2R posting it appears the Tunze legal department sent letters out to distributors. Curious to see how this plays out.
I can see a similarity with both Tunze and Vortech but it appears to be a hybrid and I am sure there was some R&D on Jebao's part to make this hybrid.
However it would be easy to copy some parts of either one which would be an infringement of patent I would think.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Tunze is trying to put a stop to this becuase these pumps are better than theirs and they know it. Your getting a better pump at a fraction of the cost and this in turn is going to hurt Tunze as a business. Its not about the hobby and whats good for us hobbiest, its all about the all mighty dollar and unfortunatly a corporation is going to try and keep as much money in their pocket as they can, even if it directly affect the end consumer.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

powdermonkey;248057 said:
Read the first post, its simple. Last post as I do not want to hijack from the OP
You can have similarities but its not stealing

But than again I'm no patent lawyer

sent from you home

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Its going to be interesting to see how this pans out. Its like apple going after everyone all over again

sent from you home

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
mural reefs post has the link im about to order a 25 I ordered another 40 already talked to the guy the order is supposed to be in next week he ordered 200 of each I think

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
if you look at them they dont really look alike yea they copied the sphere shame on them the fact is its a contactless pump the basic workings are the same no matter who you buy even hydor.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey ken how did you order them and how much are the wp25? And shipping? If you could add to your order ill throw in five bucks for the hassle. I get my check tomorrow if not let me know how I can order thanks a ton!!

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Has anyone on the larger forums seen this "letter"? Or is just here say. I thought a cease and desist letter had to be from a judge to be legal. If its not its just a threat from said company.

sent from you home