BOARD of Director Nominations - 2015

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Attention Members,

It is that time again to elect new members to our Board of Director's. Currently we have Board of Directors positions up for election that we will need to fill.

Please keep this thread to nominations, seconds, and acceptance of nominations only. I will validate all nominee's meet the criteria as stated in the bylaws. If you have any questions that are not answered in this post please PM me or contact any member of the Board.

Nomination Process:

• VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Badged Member in good standing, over the age of 18, who has attended at least two Society meetings in the previous twelve calendar months.
  • All nominations must be seconded by another Badged Member and the nomination has to be accepted by the Badged Member whom was nominated
  • Nominations will close June 18th@ 11:59 pm
  • Voting will begin June 19th running through June 30th
  • in order to vote you must participate in the voting poll added to a new thread titled BOARD ELECTIONS 2015 - click here
  • Voting will close June 30th @ 11:59 pm
  • If a nomination for position is unchallenged - The nominee will fill seat by default

Positions for Election:

Vice President - Empty
Secretary - FishTv
Member At Large 1 - MuralReef

Description of Positions according to Bylaws:

VI.11.b. VICE PRESIDENT- The Vice President will work closely with and assist the President in carrying out all the President’s duties and assist in organizing meetings and setting up future events. The Vice President will act for the President in the President’s absence or at the President’s request, and step into that office in case the President’s position becomes vacant. The Vice President will be one of the authorized signers for disbursement of Society funds; the Vice President’s signature must be accompanied by that of another authorized Board member. If a Vice President is unable to attend any Board meeting, the Vice President must inform the President and supply the President with a Vice President’s report.
VI.11.d. SECRETARY - The duty of the Secretary is to keep and maintain a true record of all meetings of the Board (minutes), and of the Society meetings as required. The secretary will send a copy of the minutes to all absent officers and delegates for each meeting. A public record of minutes and newsletters shall be kept online and posted for the general membership within 72 hours of any Board meting. If the Secretary is unable to attend any Board or Society Meeting, the Secretary must inform the President and is responsible for finding a substitute Secretary. When authorized by the Board, the Secretary will assist in obtaining and filing any legal or organizational form, contract or letter necessary for the operation of the Society. The Secretary will coordinate with the Communications Chair & Webmaster to include minutes in the Newsletter and Internet communications to Society members.

VI.11.f. MEMBERS-AT-LARGE - The duty of the Members-At-Large is to assist the other board members in fulfillment of their duties as needed or serve as a replacement for vacancies or temporary absences in the four named board positions. Members-At-Large are also responsible for representing the interests of the member population during board discussions and voting decisions and also will be required to fill one of the appointed positions which follow.

Applicable Bylaws continued:

Article VI. Board of Directors (the Board)
VI.1. The Board of Directors shall consist of:
VI.1.a. Four elected officials: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary
VI.1.b. One Ex-Officio position for the president of the prior board or, if the past president is unavailable, declines, or is re-elected, another former Board Member as appointed by the new board. If no suitable previous official is available, this post may remain vacant. The Ex-Officio position is a nonvoting advisory position.
VI.1.c. The board will also include four Members-at-Large to be elected to three-year terms coinciding with the other elected officials. These positions will also have one vote each for any board decisions. Their absence or presence will count toward any quorum requirements for board meetings. Mid-year vacancies can be filled by appointment from the remaining board members, or up to two Members-at-Large positions can be left vacant at the board's discretion. Members-at-Large must be reelected by voting members of the society during each election period with no limit on consecutive terms.
VI.2. Each of the Board members will have one vote. A simple majority will decide all votes unless indicated otherwise in the Bylaws. In case of a tie, the President’s vote counts as 1-½ votes.
VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Member in good standing, over the age of 18, who has attended at least two Society meetings in the previous twelve calendar months.
VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of June in election years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of June. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on July 1st of each year in with the new fiscal calendar.
VI.5. The terms of office for Board members shall not exceed two consecutive three-year terms in the same office for officer positions; Member at large positions will be two years in length with no term limits, this length is to allow for board continuity rather than having constantly switching members who must consistently relearn the duties and expectations of the position and also to allow for long term goals of the club.
VI.5.a The following positions will be up for elections starting in 2012 followed with new elections every 3 years: Vice-President, Secretary. In 2013 the following positions will be up for election in 2013 followed by new elections every 3 years: President, Treasurer. Two Member at large positions will be elected in 2013 for two year terms and the remaining two positions will be up for election in 2014 and will consist of the most recently filled member at large positions as of the approval of these bylaws.

Nominations will be accepted through June 18th, 2015

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BOARD of Director Nominations - 2015

Alrighty I nominate the follwing based on their poven track records while being apart of the current board! I appreciate both of theirs attendance and help with our various functions and activities. Both are ain intergral part of our community and I would support both of them being a leading part of our community for years to come:

Dane aka FishTv for Vice President

Mike aka MuralReef for Secretary

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I like it :0 Second those two

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you for the kind words Chad. Its been a pleasure serving on the board, and being a part of this community. Nomination accepted.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I second that Dane! Thank you Chad and I too will accept.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
* Voting will begin June 19th running through June 30th
It's so cool that you guys do this on my birthday. Lol

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I nominate Jimmy Buffett!!

If he doesn't accept, those two are great choices for those positions. ;-)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just three more days for nominations folks!

Nomination Process:

• VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Badged Member in good standing, over the age of 18, who has attended at least two Society meetings in the previous twelve calendar months.
  • All nominations must be seconded by another Badged Member and the nomination has to be accepted by the Badged Member whom was nominated
  • Nominations will close June 18th@ 11:59 pm
  • Voting will begin June 19th running through June 30th
  • in order to vote you must participate in the voting poll added to a new thread titled BOARD ELECTIONS 2015 - click here
  • Voting will close June 30th @ 11:59 pm
  • If a nomination for position is unchallenged - The nominee will fill seat by default

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I nominate Seth aka sethsoloman for Member at Large

For as far as Seth has to travel, he makes a high percentage of monthly meetings, and most major events. He is very active on the forum, offering great perspectives from a broad range of knowledge. I think he would make a great advocate for not only the club as a whole, but our northern reefers as well.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;352818 said:
I nominate Seth aka sethsoloman for Member at Large

For as far as Seth has to travel, he makes a high percentage of monthly meetings, and most major events. He is very active on the forum, offering great perspectives from a broad range of knowledge. I think he would make a great advocate for not only the club as a whole, but our northern reefers as well.
Dr.HarlemTutu;352826 said:
Second Seth

Thanks guys!

I accept the nomination.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;352844 said:
Thanks guys!

I accept the nomination.
Woot woot! Glad someone put forward your name.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Tick Tock Tick Tock..... Just under 7 hrs left so please get your nominations in if you plan to nominate someone.

Ends tonight at 11:59pm