Compendium of Reef Resources

I have a friend, that is very interested in getting himself a reef setup. At work I have shown him several sites which have gotten him even more excited to start a reef tank. So much so that, over the weekend he showed his wife and got the OK
to proceed with the reef setup (SCORE!!!). So he came in yesterday and wanted me to give him a good listing of websites and resources for him to research his new found addiction. I provided him the following, but am thinking that this group could greatly expand on this to the benefit of all
. Here is the starting list:

Research, Information, group buys, local coral farmer info, bargain sales:
www.wetwebmedia.com (National)
www.thescmas.com (Local Club)
www.reef2reef.com (National)
www.reefcentral.com (National)
www.marinecolorado.org (Denver/Boulder/Greely Club)

Retail (Hardware):
www.marinedepot.com
www.drsfostersmith.com
www.aquariumspecialty.com
www.reefgeek.com

Retail (Fish, Corals, and Rock):
www.liveaquaria.com
www.saltwaterfish.com
www.bluezooaquatics.com
www.reefkoi.com (Local-peyton)
www.gonzoscoralfrags.com (Greely)
www.cherrycorals.com

Local Fish Stores:

Fishy Business
2395 B Academy Place
Colorado Springs, CO 80909-1698
(719) 637-1159
www.afishybusiness.net

Seascape Aquatics
5038 N Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
(719) 388-8504

Neptune’s Realm
2640 W Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 471-9154
http://Neptunesrealm.com

Mr. Aqua
105 E Fillmore St
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 577-9898
www.mraqua.com

Aquamart
3225 S Wadsworth Blvd # D
Lakewood, CO 80227
(303) 716-5700
http://www.aquamartonline.com/

I realize now that I sent this to him that I could of included books, magazines, manufacturers, etc...

What does everyone else know of that is not included here!

-David

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I always have to throw in a plug for Aqua Imports as they've been very good to me. I haven't been to Don's Hobbies in Greeley yet, but my bet is that it's fantastic, too.

You really have to take him to see Neptune's in Highlands Ranch just to stand in awe before that huge hammer coral.

And, I would start getting him to buy books. A good place to start might be Fenner's _Conscientious Marine Aquarist._ Then bring him to meet Fenner this weekend.

What would he like to do in the hobby, specifically? Keep corals? Borneman's coral book is good. Breed fish? Wittenrich's fish breeding book is fantastic.

Breeding inverts: http://www.reefstewardshipfoundation.org/forums/

I can't recommend the MOFIB community any longer, but there's still tons of information there.

FWD: from Kirblit

Here is a site that has always been very helpful to me, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on it www.reefsanctuary.com. They are a east coast website, mostly people from NJ. They are all very nice and like to help others.

i also foound www.marineandreef.com has good deals on hardware they also carry repair parts for mag drive pumps and upgrades. also for lfs todd''s tropical fish on hampden and oceans aparts on cherry creek drive-they only open show room on sat.