Farewell is never easy!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
The community is minus one great reefer today. It is with great sadness and our deepest condolences to his family, friends, and the reefing community at large that we mourn the passing of Jake Adams.
Whether you know him or not, every person in this community has been impacted in one way or another by Jake's work as the Reef Builders owner over the years. His loss will be felt by all and will leave a lasting hole in the community for many years to come.

If anything this is a reminder that we should all live our lives to the fullest, and never hold back, because you never know when your last moments will come.

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was only a week ago that we were talking to him face to face in his shop. It’s surreal.

Is there anything we can do as a club to help out? Send meals to his wife,…?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haven't talked to his wife yet. I think she likely will need some time to process all of this, I know I would need some time after something like that. But if I hear of anything I will let everyone know.

I will say that I am very thankful we got to spend some time with him at the studio. I know I will treasure that time for a long time to come.
He gave me several coral colonies and I got the rare opportunity to sit and talk with him quite a bit after the meeting too. Had known him for many years but that was the first time I actually got the chance to sit and talk to him without a ton of people around.

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man this is too tragic. I never met Jake, and really regret not making it to to the DBTC now... All i can say is he was a stand up guy for spending the time and energy to share his wealth of knowledge and passion for reefing and nature. I hope his content is able to stay around to keep spreading his good vibes. I really wish i could have had the chance to personally thank him. My condolences to those closest to him

ShawnM

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
My first experience with Jake was at the Denver Macna in 2014. He was in a seminar debating the value of a refugium with Julian Sprung. Seriously, who has a public debate with Julian Sprung. I remember being so impressed with the confidence and knowledge of this young man going head to head with Julian. A terrible loss for his family and friends. An amazing writer and advocate for the industry, I will miss him.