Reefing Addict

Hello everyone. I want to introduce myself. My name is Allen (hard to get from my screen name yes? LOL) and as you may already know (or not) I'm from North Carolina. Western NC in the Blue Ridge mountains to be exact. Well we call them mountains but they're more like foothills to some of the Mtns in Colorado LOL!

Anyway I spend a LOT of time online and LOVE talking Salt Water and Reefing. I came to this site via a link in a thread on another site and thought I'd just swing by to check it out. There are a LOT of "wet" forums out there as you all know but I liked the atmosphere here and decided I'd peak around and see what new ideas/products/methods I could learn. I love learning new ways and meeting new people.

• I'm 40(ish) Male born and raised right here in WNC. I am a pilot (Single Engine Land) of real planes as well as I fly RC planes and helis.
  • I work in the "Residential Construction" industry and my main job is in the IT field (yea I'm a nerd).
  • Married (20 years now) with no kids (perfect record so far LOL)
  • I've had a few tanks in my days.. everything from 6g up to a 90g with plans in the future to do something like a 300ish tank when I get a new house. Right now I'm down to a 34g RSM 130D (about 7 months old) and a JBJ NanoCude 12gDX (LED) that's going on 5 years old here on my desk at work. I've done Fresh and Salt but never tackled any of the "Brackish" set-ups.. not YET! My mainstay is and probably will always be REEFING! I have a passion for coral and propagation. Ideally I want to move to Fiji, buy my own floatplane and start a new business there. I'd be chartering people island to island from 8am - NOON M-F (possibly cutting hours to T, Wed, Thurs), then Noon to 5pm run a Scuba service and at 5pm... well it's HAPPY HOUR then!!

Anyway... that's enough rambling on. If you want to know more by all means just ask. I'm pretty much an open book.

Thanks for reading and Happy REEFING :)

Allen

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club Allen always nice to have new members ...i was actually born in NC but only there for my first few years

Thanks for the welcome! It's an amazing place to live. We have everything you could want all in one nice lil package (called a STATE LOL). I can go from snowcaps to the ocean in just a few hours with every thing in between.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
BigAl07;113931 said:
Thanks for the welcome! It's an amazing place to live. We have everything you could want all in one nice lil package (called a STATE LOL). I can go from snowcaps to the ocean in just a few hours with every thing in between.
well everything except mountains ...ah well atleast you have hills ....lol

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome!!!