So...... Whats the Deal with Shady Reefers lately????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So I will start the venting since I know there are plenty of us on the same page about the recent insane amount of shady and disrespectful reefers here on the forum. I mean why is it so hard for people to keep their word these days? If you say you are going to sell something to someone for a certain price.... SELL IT FOR THAT PRICE AND KEEP YOUR WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone is coming to buy something from you and you know they are on their way to YOUR house........... DON'T TEXT AND SAY "SORRY" YOU "JUST SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE"!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Though it hasn't happened to me, I totally understand where the frustration comes from. Vent away guys.

Just happened to me this passed Saturday. Was on the way to the guys house to buy some colonies, we had agreed on price and everything. I get half way there, and had a minor family emergency. So I let the guy know, and agreed that we would meet on Sunday. Come Sunday afternoon, the guy said sorry not today. Sooo.. Today (Monday) I get a text from him saying, sorry I sold it to someone else for a better deal.

WTF?!?!?!?!

The least you could have done was have the decency to let me know that there is a better deal, and give me the chance...
OR BETTER YET, KEEP YOUR DAMN PROMISE.

OH Well, live and learn. This guy has been black listed. ;-)

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree with the sentiment. I was selling frags before and had a guy who was a business stop by and clean me out. I had Mike (MRICKEN1012) at my door and had to turn him away. I ensured when I was ready for round two, he was the first in, and I made it up by throwing in several free frags. I also think folks are really testing the market with their prices. I completely understand a business having to cover costs and such, but a lot of hobbyists are selling things for 20pp/ wow. That's a different rant...

I'm just starting to fill up a tank with livestock, so let's keep black listing those guys so I don't get burned over and over. I feel your pain. I had a garage sale this weekend and sold a Craftsman 2 1/4 HP plunge router with base and a router table for $15 (it was 0700AM, I wasn't awake yet). The guy was going for a walk and bought it, but wanted to finish his walk and pick it up later. 30 minutes later someone tried to give me $75 for it, and was ****ED I wouldn't sell it to him for more money. Told him sorry, already sold. Shouldn't there be a DBTCC (Don't Break The Common Courtesy)?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a forum for this stuff. If someone has wronged you, let us know. Now of course you'd need to be respectful, but you should definitely let the community know. That way others aren't effected by that crap.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
"Shouldn't there be a DBTCC (Don't Break The Common Courtesy)?"

I like that. I also agree about keeping your word, even though another person has offered more money. It's about integrity and courtesy.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was issues like this that caused me to leave the club for a few years! It makes me sick to see how people treat others just to get a frag or a buck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
In this hobby you take the good with the bad. From the tons of people that I have met and done business with throughout the years, I noticed one thing. Everyone treats the value of there stuff different and it usually depends on what they paid. This hobby seems to be so cutthroat as soon as a good deal pops up, it is usually the next guy that burned you, cause he was there first and had cash in hand. Thats how it works especially if someone is getting out. Unless you know them on a first name basis, don't hold your breath. He doesn't know you just like you don't know them. Early bird with $$$ gets the worm. Thats from a decade of experience. Take it for what it's worth :). There will always be another deal to be had. Just be ready to strike and be there quick if you really do want it. That's sometimes part of the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
SyntheticOcean;165109 said:
Just happened to me this passed Saturday. Was on the way to the guys house to buy some colonies, we had agreed on price and everything. I get half way there, and had a minor family emergency. So I let the guy know, and agreed that we would meet on Sunday. Come Sunday afternoon, the guy said sorry not today. Sooo.. Today (Monday) I get a text from him saying, sorry I sold it to someone else for a better deal.

WTF?!?!?!?!

The least you could have done was have the decency to let me know that there is a better deal, and give me the chance...
OR BETTER YET, KEEP YOUR DAMN PROMISE.

OH Well, live and learn. This guy has been black listed. ;-)
Same thing happened to me. the freakin asss hat had me sitting around waiting all day then tells me to come. I get to highway 36 close to Louisville and tells me deal is off. Freakin lame guy and I'm sure it was the same guy for most of these experiences

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;165115 said:
There is a forum for this stuff. If someone has wronged you, let us know. Now of course you'd need to be respectful, but you should definitely let the community know. That way others aren't effected by that crap.
+1

68sting

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
This goes both ways though. I have more trouble with people stating "I'll take it" and then they start asking questions or negotiating behind the scenes or they just back out. If you state in someones thread you'll take it stick to your word or don't say it. It kills the thread when people think stuff is sold. If you have questions ask them before you post "you'll take it".

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Same reason people bid on Auctions Items and never come get them (2 times)

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;165300 said:
Same reason people bid on Auctions Items and never come get them (2 times)
That is lame! Why bid if your not goung to pick up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cherub;165140 said:
Same thing happened to me. the freakin asss hat had me sitting around waiting all day then tells me to come. I get to highway 36 close to Louisville and tells me deal is off. Freakin lame guy and I'm sure it was the same guy for most of these experiences
That *** was me and I explained to you (and apologized) I had an emergency with my daughter. In the midst of some family drama a text was not communicated and you did not get a message. I know lots of folks on the forum and have bought (and sold) many things. Again (second apology) sorry for the miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.