Syn's 850g.t.v Deep Brain system

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Did a major clean out of the macro/mangrove tank. Trimmed the mangrove down a bunch and cleaned out a 3g bucket worth of caulerpa. The mangrove had gotten to where I almost couldnt see the light anymore, it was all wrapped around it and covered about 90%. Looks much better now. Thinking though that I might want to consider mounting some light up in the rafters so I can give it a bit more room to grow as the light above it now is as high as I can make it. Of course would eventually have the same issue again with it growing up into and around the lights. Will have to think about it
PXL_20240311_153507242.jpg

Also finally finished printing my Dosing stand. Just need to get some ridged tubing and finally put this to work and stop manually dosing stuff.

PXL_20240311_152516731.jpg
PXL_20240311_152523779.jpg

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haha ya, I wonder where I got it from. ;)
But ya it been sitting in the box all this time, as I couldn't figure out where I was going to mount it, so about time I actually put it to use

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
just wow..... ive never seen anyone sand their tank like that... your arms must be freakin huge! tank looks great! that mangrove is pretty dope for sure.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
just wow..... ive never seen anyone sand their tank like that... your arms must be freakin huge! tank looks great! that mangrove is pretty dope for sure.
Thanks Fred. Longtime... how are you doing?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So added in some socks :) Let me just say though, that I absolutely despise filter socks, but these things are a game changer. If you haven't seen these, they are new product for Rocky Mountain Fish Filter Company. https://rocky-mountain-fish-filter-company.myshopify.com/products/complete-set
Reusable and easy to clean. Just pull them out, unscrew the bottom on them to loosen the rings and then rinse them out. Take about a month or so to break in, but these should help a lot with capturing a lot of that floating detritus and mulm.

PXL_20240331_174838427.jpg

PXL_20240331_175836888.MP.jpg