What led retrofit?

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I bought a cheap bio cube for $40 with me taking the chance that it leaks. But there are no lights and I want to do led retrofit. What do you guys recommend that is a good price?

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What size is the cube? I've got two ecoxotic panaoramas in my 14 cube on two separate dimmers and transformers. Pretty easy to put in at a reasonable price. Can always through in a stunner strip for extra blues if you want. there are some DIY LEDs that you can on Ebay though I think a "local" guy down in Pueblo has DIY LEDs too.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is a BC 29 that I got for $40 because it might leak but I'm hoping for the best. Is the pueblo guy the one with the ballasts?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you get the lid too? I just hung a LED panel from the ceiling on mine. I don't know if that's an option for you but...

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
matt.radich;186176 said:
It is a BC 29 that I got for $40 because it might leak but I'm hoping for the best. Is the pueblo guy the one with the ballasts?
I think so, below is the link at ebay. He almost always has an ad/auction up. Also to comment on Blazinjack, I saw a bio29 with an Evo UFO LED that was hung from the ceiling that looked pretty cool. "Sinister" on this forum has a 29 with ecoxotic LEDs that looks really nice so you may want to check with him how its been going for him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOCUBE-29-...305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f12af4631

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The aquastyleonline is the best bang for the buck, IMO. Do 50-50 whites Nd royal blues. I used neutral whites on my tank, about 6500k I believe. Then you can add some true violet if you want. Personally, my next build will have the same number of royal blues and true violets.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk