¡RP's 250 build!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
nice job mang. Next build I'm doing plumbing lol. I did a hose for my return and just a straight pipe down to my sump. Many issues with it this way. You've inspired me!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
¡RP's 250 build!

Looks like the algae scrubber is working well. Have to tried taking apart yet to see how easy cleaning will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: ¡RP's 250 build!

Cherub;219716 said:
nice job mang. Next build I'm doing plumbing lol. I did a hose for my return and just a straight pipe down to my sump. Many issues with it this way. You've inspired me!
Thanks mang. The tubing is only a temp solution, I'm still waiting for the DC10000. I'll still prob soft plumb it though.

Andrew_bram;219733 said:
Looks like the algae scrubber is working well. Have to tried taking apart yet to see how easy cleaning will be.

Not yet, wiring the plug (over and over and over and over again) for the lights. I've decided Hubbell brand sucks, I should've bought the cheap plug.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
¡RP's 250 build!

Are you talking lights over top of the tank. Are you still gonna go with a diy led kit.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok, you guys and your sic chalices convinced me, I'll do a few low light corals. I'll thinking LPS and some shrooms. Only issue now....stock list. I'm doing butterflies so LPS might be in danger of being food. The angels might have lunch too.

Time to help me decide, what DIY kit to do? I'm leaning towards the AquaStyles, price. Think I'd be ok with the 36 kit? I can control up to 8 channels, I think on my RA, but it has to be the PWM drivers. Which optics for a 30" deep tank? KIM that I'm doing low light.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
¡RP's 250 build!

They say 80 from what i read at 30inches. And told you so jamie. I new you would do coral lol. I got the frags you want brahaha. I wonder if we can get discount if we order together or maybe group buy. I am ready to order sick of halide heat issues.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Forget the TV, where do I get that dope chain? ~ does your chain hang low, can you tie it in a knot, can you tie it in a bow~

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
¡RP's 250 build!

How is the algae scrubber doing. I am thinking about building one tomorrow.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;221076 said:
Forget the TV, where do I get that dope chain? ~ does your chain hang low, can you tie it in a know, can you tie it in a bow~

You get them at homies r us!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jaime what is the open channel for, in your plumbing pics? Sorry if a dumb question.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK that was a dumb question, now i get it. you used flex vinyl for the return line...aaaahh...

very nice/clean plumbing, by the way.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok, so I cleaned up the ole frag tank, just in case I get the itch to do coral later on. I'm asking for some input though. I had the tank drilled for bean animal setup, but before I put in the coast to coast, should I do an external overflow? If I decide to ditch corals, would anyone buy it with an external?

I had 4 holes drilled, 3 for the BA and 1 for an easy w/c option, all drilled for 1" bulkhead. I didn't think about the return though. Should I stick with the original plan or change the w/c hole to a return hole?

View attachment 11557